Best HRM

Options
I need some recommendations for Heart Rate Monitor. Not super expensive but not cheezy either.

Replies

• lbelle417
    lbelle417 Posts: 5
    Options
    I like my Polar F4. Cost about $75. But if you can afford more, an F6 or F11 works well too.
  • CoachChip
    CoachChip Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Blossymom:

Polar is a household name in HRMs. They make a pretty complete range, depending on what kind of workouts you'll be doing. If you're an outside lady, they have some specifically to help track stats for runners, bikers, both, etc. I have used Polars for many years, mostly with success. My last one, 625x has been to repair a few times, but they do get it fixed and returned. One annoyance with many of the polars is the theoretical inability to replace your own darn battery. On many models, you void the warranty if you replace the battery yourself. Some HRMs are now rechargeable style. I have also used garmin HRMs to some success. The newer HRMs (305 405)are better at GPS tracking than the earlier ones (201, 205). They're somewhat pricey too. The range of capabilities is pretty amazing on these products these days, and they range from somewhat expensive to outrageous. They are now coming with mapping capabilities (on watch and on computer for post-workout mapping) and come with a price tag.

You may want to take a look at how you'll use the HRM, and compare to the array of options at polar and garmin sites.

You can compare the polar line at: www.polarusa.com

You can compare the garmin line at: www.garmin.com
    Hope this helps a little.

-Chip