leg extensions --101
arm curls-- 10 pound each hand
arm lifts-- only 5 pounds I have nerve damage in one shoulder
seated press-- not sure of the weight but I have 4 weights on there
seated row --same as the press
rear deltoid press-- 2 weights
triangular pull ??-- 46 pounds
ab machine
I do another exercise for the side abs. I don't know the name.
And another one for my back.

Is this enough? I do arms, shoulders, and back one day and the next legs and stomach. Each exercise 8 times until I complete at least 3 rounds.

Replies

• Taylerr88
    Taylerr88 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    lifting is lifting stuff up and putting it back down. also know as weight lifting.. or strength training to some.

for the actual working out part... if you don't actually increase the weight from session to session then its going to be mostly cardio, you will get little to no muscle growth without overloading your muscles.. your routine seems umm??? not going to lie.. thats a ton of exercises for one gym session.. i would say its way way more then enough. i also don't really see some key muscles in it. i don't really have any programs that i think you would run.. i can try tho..

barbell rows or seated row .. pullups if you can do them.
    some type of curl
    dips
    squats + calf raises
    something for your shoulder + lower back that you can do with your nerve damage.
    abs ( even tho squats work them better then anything you could find in the gym)
    M OFF W OFF F OFF OFF .. and on workout days switch up the major muscle group you start with.. ie m work legs , wed , back . etc

* I do another exercise for the side abs. I don't know the name ? i think you mean obliques ?

gl. sorry if this is no help
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    By lifting most mean, higher weight fewer reps. A weight that is hard for you to do the last few reps. Reps should be in the 8 - 10 range, once you can easily do 3 sets of 10 reps increase weight.

for beginners I would recommend compound exercises

squats
    dead lifts
    bench press
    shoulder press
    barbell or dumbbell rows
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options

for the actual working out part... if you don't actually increase the weight from session to session then its going to be mostly cardio, you will get little to no muscle growth without overloading your muscles.. your routine seems umm??? not going to lie.. thats a ton of exercises for one gym session.. i would say its way way more then enough. i also don't really see some key muscles in it. i don't really have any programs that i think you would run.. i can try tho..

I guess you miss the part when where I said I do legs and abs one day and the NEXT day I do arms and back. :wink:

Ok, ANY advice is helpful. Thanks
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Pick up a copy of The New Rules of Lifting for Women.... you'll thank me later :smile:
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Pick up a copy of The New Rules of Lifting for Women.... you'll thank me later :smile:

I read that on here somewhere. Thanks for the title :) It had totally slipped my mind.