How do YOU define "lifting heavy"?

Options
2»

Replies

• Ambrogio1
    Ambrogio1 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Your a perfect canidate for 5x5 stronglifts

Everyone has there ideas and this is a great discussion but you need a solid game plan and mehdi will hadn you that and give you the spreadsheet to boot!!

http://stronglifts.com/stronglifts-5x5-beginner-strength-training-program/
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    For me it's 5-8 reps with the last 2 grunting and making faces....and afterward you can barely lift your bottle to take a drink.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I have a medium heavy day which is 5 sets of 5 reps with whatever i can get 5X5 out of. My heavy day is warm up to the max, hit a couple of singles then drop down for 2, drop down to 4 and then down to 6 reps. I do lockouts, negatives, use chains and bands in workout. Go heavy or go home attitude or lift til you puke, lol.
  • Ambrogio1
    Options
    I have a medium heavy day which is 5 sets of 5 reps with whatever i can get 5X5 out of. My heavy day is warm up to the max, hit a couple of singles then drop down for 2, drop down to 4 and then down to 6 reps. I do lockouts, negatives, use chains and bands in workout. Go heavy or go home attitude or lift til you puke, lol.

Agreed but for this guy. 5x5 is perfect
    but for immortals the above is perfect

The real question is Are you a mortal or immortal?
  • Ambrogio1
    Options
    For me it's 5-8 reps with the last 2 grunting and making faces....and afterward you can barely lift your bottle to take a drink.

Its inappropriate, its wrong, I shouldn't say this, its wrong

But that was pretty hot!
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Bump for later ...
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options

Agreed but for this guy. 5x5 is perfect
    but for immortals the above is perfect

The real question is Are you a mortal or immortal?

there is only one way to find out..............
  • Phrak
    Phrak Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    If you're seeing stars or getting tunnel vision. Thats lifting heavy.