Going to do this-Need support

Options
Been slowly dropping some weight without even being serious (almost 50 pounds). Last week started a 1,200 to 1,500 calorie a day diet and been trying to walk or do Shakeology workout 3-4 days a week. Current weight 399.4 pounds (was almost 450 in early 2011). Hoping to hit my goal of 250 pounds but right now trying to look at in 50 pound increments. Wish me luck. Any advice?

Replies

• linnyrhea
    linnyrhea Posts: 105
    Options
    Thats awesome! 50lbs is huge!, Good for you! I'm going to add you as a friend? Maybe we can motivate each other :)
  • jegg0425
    jegg0425 Posts: 37
    Options
    But you are from Calgary. :-/. That's sort of like fraternizing with the enemy. lol
  • KittyMerlot
    Options
    You took the hardest step.....you started :)
    This is not a race. You will find, by writing down what you eat, just what may be "not for you".
    You will mentally find what is "causing your triggers" or already know them.
    You are not alone with this struggle.

I can not speak for others, but, many will NOT judge you---I won't.
    Stand tall, each good moment is a successful moment.
    Be kind to yourself......don't beat yourself up with days you are not happy with.

Welcome to this website of imperfect people with private reasons for being here.......Happy Choices and Everyday is a New Day :)
  • rockme1
    rockme1 Posts: 2
    Options
    That is just fabulous, you are an "Inspiration" you go girl. Just starting myself.:flowerforyou:
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Josh! 50 pounds without being serious? That's awesome. Feel free to add me - it's way more fun around here with friends.
  • emrys1976
    emrys1976 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    That's a huge calorie deficit based on your weight and exercise plan. Your body may rebel and stop shedding weight with such a severe restriction. What does MFP say your calories should be? It's also difficult emotionally and life-style wise to make that big of a change and to sustain it. It may be a better long term plan to reduce your calories more slowly. And a good long-term plan is what you need.
  • jegg0425
    Options
    I plan on levelling off somewhere around 1,800 to 2,200 calories, but want to make a drastic change (mental training) for a couple weeks and keep it in the 1,200 to 1,500 calorie range.
  • jegg0425
    Options
    How does the little weight loss tracker work? I've lost about 6 pounds but it still says 0.
  • emrys1976
    Options
    You have to change your start weight so your ticker reflects it.

As far as your calories go, do what works. If you find yourself stuck with your weight loss and come asking for advice, though, bank on getting raked pretty good for your intake. Call it whatever you want, less than 1500 for a guy is too little.
  • emrys1976
    Options
    Also, I saw that you have blood sugar problems. Rules of thumb my dietitian gave me for that:
    eat every 3-4 hours
    eat protein every time you eat
    eat at least 1 gram of protein for every 2 grams of carbs

It's not easy to stick to all the time but I do much better with my appetite and weight loss when I follow those tips
  • lorijh72
    lorijh72 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Kitty... I Loved your advice...it spoke to me also!
  • caroleslaststand
    caroleslaststand Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    How does the little weight loss tracker work? I've lost about 6 pounds but it still says 0.
    you set it with your starting weight and your goal (short or long term - your choice) and then go to MY HOME and there on the left is a menu where you'll find Weigh-In
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    my first advice would be to celebrate your triumphs as they come! :) congratulations on your 6 lbs loss!!!! that's awesome!!! feel free to add me! I'm looking to lose 30 lbs.
  • jegg0425
    Options
    This is generally out of my comfort zone but something HAS to be different this time.
  • jegg0425
    Options
    Hit the first 10 pounds this morning.