Replies

• kellyyjean
    kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, more breakfast ideas.
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Two months ago I decided I'd better try this "greek" yogurt. Now, I don't think I'll ever go back to regular. I just love the thicker, creamy consistency of greek. Regular yogurt now makes me think of jarred baby food! I recently tried Zoi greek honey yogurt. OMG!! It tastes like cheesecake! Higher calorie, but that's ok, as I've recently upped my daily intake.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I like the texture of it better. Makes yogurts like Yoplait seem really runny. I like Fage 2% plain and I'll add in a packet of Splenda and a teeny splash of vanilla. Much lower in sugar than the pre-flavored kind.

great minds think alike!

Jinx! :bigsmile:
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    only started using it over the last few weeks. i use the plain as a sour cream sub. i will also mix in protein powder with the plain to give some flavor. and i buy the vanilla as well because its not too sweet.
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I used to pick it over others cause its extra creamy and good, but I tend to avoid yogurt now due to the large amount of sugar most of them have :(

A lot of them have artificial sweeteners in them! Aspartame is the WORST!!! Yoplait and Dannon have it in them....main reason I switched to Greek yogurt!!
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    I agree with those that like the thicker texture and amount of protein in greek yogurt.
  • htrl877
    htrl877 Posts: 49
    Options
    i think the Chobani is really great with frozen strawberries that have thawed and a pinch of slivered almonds on top. I'm a big advocate of just looking at the ingredients and compare them to other yogurts on the shelf:

Chobani: cultured pasteurized nonfat milk, live and active cultures: (Bifius and L. Casei, L. bulgaricus, S. Thermophilus, L. Acidophilus)

My Rating: A+

Fage 0%: grade a pasteurized skimmed milk, live active yogurt cultures (L. bulgaricus, S. Thermophilus, L. Acidophilus).

My Rating: A+

COMPARED TO:

Dannon Oikos: cultured grade a non fat milk, blueberries, water, sugar, fructose, 1% modified corn starch, natural flavor (??), carregeenan, carmine (for color), malic acid, potassium sorbate (to maintain freshness), sodium citrate, vitamin d3.

My Rating: B-

Yoplay: cultured pasteurized grade a nonfat milk, high frutose corn syrup, raspberries, modified corn starch, nonfat milk, kosher gelatin, citric cid, aspartame, natural and artificial flavor, tricalcium phosphate, postassium sorbate added to maintain freshness, vitamin a acetate, red #40, vitamin d3 ** Contained Phenylalanine (But Hey! Its Gluten Free!)

My Rating: F