Yet another 30 DS thread (w/pics)

Options
RobynC79
RobynC79 Posts: 331 Member
I decided to upload my 30 day shred results pics, to add to the massive volume of 30DS posts! Scary underwear pics coming up...

Here's my story...

For the past 8 months or so I did a bit of 'metabolism repair'. I've spent about 5 years maintaining my weight around 106-108 pounds, but I ate fairly little - around 1200 cals a day, sometime more, but often less. I'm 5'5", for reference. So that is a little 'underweight' by BMI, but I have a pretty small frame.

I figured I was probably in a bit of a rut - my weight wasn't changing but I wanted to see what would happen if I substantially increased my cals. So since around July last year, I said 'screw it!' and ate a lot more. Or a bit more. Around 1600-1700 per day. I thought I might gain around 10 pounds. In the end I gained about 4-5. So then I decided to test out this 30 Day Shred I'd seen others have such awesome results with. I've never done a workout video before, so I figured it was a good one to start with. I know I'm too lazy to do P90x!

I took almost 2 months to complete the '30 days'. I did 10 days at each level. I found level 2 the hardest - I had some ankle and knee pain in level 2 and I'm a bit of slacker generally, so I ended up doing it maybe every 2nd, or occasionally, every 3rd day. I did no other planned exercise, a bit of golf here and there. Had I done it more diligently every day I may have had more obvious results, but I think it was worth it. I definitely notice a change in my abs and arms. Less of a difference in the lower body though - I was hoping for a bit of a butt uplift but I think that was minimal.

I ate right at my new maintenance (1400-1450 cals) for the whole time. (And if you look at my diary, be advised I don't bother tracking fruits and veggies because I'm a slacker, and they usually add a few hundred cals each day).

My before and after measures are as follows (Day 1 --- Day 30 --- difference) All in inches.

Height: 5'5" --- 5'5" ---- 0.0 (alas, Jillian is not a miracle worker)
Weight: 112.5 --- 108.0 --- -4.5
Bicep: 9.0 -- 9.5 --- +0.5
Bust: 34.5 --- 34.0 --- -0.5 (Why?? Whyyy??? Stupid boobs)
Waist: 27.0 --- 24.5 --- -2.5
Hips/Butt: 36.5 --- 35.0 --- -1.5
Thigh: 21.0 --- 20.0 --- -1.0

I have that body type that is short and squat - I look like I've been squashed flat from front to back but I'm quite wide across for my height. I have short, thick neck and a lovely broad ribcage inherited from my father's family! Good Scottish stock of stout ladies. Joy.

Oh dear, first time uploading photos - let's see how many tries this takes! Beware: Underwear pics!!!

From the front:
30DSfront-1.jpg

The side:
30DSside-1.jpg

And the back (not my favourite angle!):
30DSback-1.jpg

Replies

• Mindmovesbody
    Mindmovesbody Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Thank u! Thank you, thank you! You results are obvious! I did two days and did not do it today. I am clearly out of shape judging by the fact that I cannot walk up or done a flight of five stairs saying 'ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch...' I have had three babies...two in the last two years so I am really hoping this helps with my waist and belly. I hate my belly. I may have to come to terms with this but I would like to try to do something about it first! I had a body pretty much exactly like yours before my pregnancies. Thanks for posting these! I have a renewed sense of hope :)
  • RobynC79
    Options
    Dear god, they're huge... and terrifying. Can someone give me some resize tips?

For now, right click 'view image' to see the other panel for each pic.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this! I am on day two and can't wait to see my final results. You look great!
  • RobynC79
    Options
    Thank u! Thank you, thank you! You results are obvious! I did two days and did not do it today. I am clearly out of shape judging by the fact that I cannot walk up or done a flight of five stairs saying 'ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch...' I have had three babies...two in the last two years so I am really hoping this helps with my waist and belly. I hate my belly. I may have to come to terms with this but I would like to try to do something about it first! I had a body pretty much exactly like yours before my pregnancies. Thanks for posting these! I have a renewed sense of hope :)

Don't get discouraged, I didn't do it every day and the first couple of days are definitely the hardest. I know a lot of people really stick to doing it every day, but if you're sore, take a day off. It definitely made a difference to my waist and abs. You can do it!
    Thanks for this! I am on day two and can't wait to see my final results. You look great!
    Thanks! I found the first few days the most tiring, after that it's much easier.
  • maryellen8301
    maryellen8301 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I am clearly out of shape judging by the fact that I cannot walk up or done a flight of five stairs saying 'ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch...'

I know that feeling.. it does get better.. it really does.. i've been doing 30ds since 3/2 and it doesn't hurt anywhere near that anymore..
  • Wreak_Havoc
    Wreak_Havoc Posts: 597
    Options
    Dear god, they're huge... and terrifying. Can someone give me some resize tips?

For now, right click 'view image' to see the other panel for each pic.

They are neither huge or terrifying! But they do show clear progress! Outstanding!!!!!!
  • marbly
    marbly Posts: 103
    Options
    So your arms actually got bigger??? Heck, I'm doing 3DS now and I DON'T want my arms to be bigger as they're the worst part of me that I hate!!!

I thought lifting with weights and building muscles was supposed to make your arms tighter and more toned... :sad:
  • Travelfixer
    Travelfixer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I just got my copy in the mail, terrified of doing it, figure it's going to be be very hard, and I hate the thought of quitting, but you make me feel so what if I can't do it all in 30 days, just keep plugging away, so I'll start tomorrow! Thanks for posting:-)
  • mysticwonder
    Options
    Yay! I love seeing the 30 DS pics since I just started. On day 3, level 1 now. Husband and I are doing that together and going to the gym. I hope my results are as fantastic as yours, congrats!
  • mysticwonder
    Options
    I just got my copy in the mail, terrified of doing it, figure it's going to be be very hard, and I hate the thought of quitting, but you make me feel so what if I can't do it all in 30 days, just keep plugging away, so I'll start tomorrow! Thanks for posting:-)

I was worried too, but it really isn't as bad as I thought. Well, level 1 anyway, lol.
  • ucaminax
    ucaminax Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    The pictures are pretty small-but even so I can see a big change! I recently started 30 ds and hope I can see a big difference too. Congratulations!
  • RobynC79
    Options
    The pictures are pretty small-but even so I can see a big change! I recently started 30 ds and hope I can see a big difference too. Congratulations!

Yes, originally I uploaded them and they were enormous... so I resized but now they are very tiny (sigh..).. let's see if I can get an intermediate size up.

30DSfront-3.jpg

and smaller still, at least in theory..

30DSside-2.jpg
  • RobynC79
    Options
    So your arms actually got bigger??? Heck, I'm doing 3DS now and I DON'T want my arms to be bigger as they're the worst part of me that I hate!!!

I thought lifting with weights and building muscles was supposed to make your arms tighter and more toned... :sad:

Well, they were a bit puny to begin with, and I used 10 lb dumbells for the arm moves. I didn't have a lot of fat to shed from them, so I'm not surprised they got slightly bigger. I wouldn't be too disheartened. Muscles are good!
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    Great results! I"m 5'5 and I wish I was your weight!
  • mammothdoll
    Options
    Damn girl. Amazing!
  • RobynC79
    Options
    Thanks dhamilton and mammothdoll! Posting pics of oneself on the interwebs is some scary stuff...
  • lyn267
    lyn267 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!