Eating at midnight and logging

Options
I would like some opinions on how to track my food. I'm going to a midnight movie tomorrow...Hunger Games of course...and when I eat my popcorn how do I log it? Do I log it as Thursday's calories, fridays calories, or half for each day? Thanks!

Replies

• EgyptianMushroom
    EgyptianMushroom Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I work mids and afternoons so I log my meals during the technical day of said meals. Anything from 12:01 a.m. until 11:59 p.m. is basically one day. Some times it puts me over but I don't have a HRM for my workouts (usually I'm good). Just keep in mind, eat only when you're hungry and not bored. Movie munchies are the worst!
    :flowerforyou:

Enjoy your movie and let me know how it goes! I've been meaning to pick up the books but haven't gotten around to it. :tongue:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Really, it doesn't matter! Your body doesn't work to a 24 hour clock, it just knows that there are calories there and uses them as it needs them.
    I'd probably add them to the next day, but it doesn't matter - you choose.
  • vfuggins
    vfuggins Posts: 2
    Options
    Whenever I eat at midnight I log it for the next day. I figure its early morning so I log it in as a snack. Not sure if that's the correct way to do it but it works for me.
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I have a weird schedule. So basically my cut-off for the day is 4a (I count anything up to 3:59a as Day 1). Whatever works for you, that's what you should do! Enjoy the movie! I can't wait to see it!
  • EgyptianMushroom
    EgyptianMushroom Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Whenever I eat at midnight I log it for the next day. I figure its early morning so I log it in as a snack. Not sure if that's the correct way to do it but it works for me.
    I've seperated my food diary into six categories.
    Breakfast - AM
    AM snacks
    Lunch
    PM Snacks
    Dinner - PM
    Midnights

It helps keep my munchies and sporadic eating schedule on track.
  • cakeums
    cakeums Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    If I've been awake without nighttime sleep, then I log it for that day. With the exception of once or twice when I was up very late and made myself an omelet at 4AM.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I really don't think it matters as long as it gets logged.