Does anyone use Biotin to help you lose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• HappyElizabeth
    HappyElizabeth Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I have taken biotin every day for over 10 years. As a result, my hair and nails are pretty amazing. The weight loss part, not so much. lol!
  • My mom started to use hercules biotin last year and results was pretty amazing. Her hair started to grow after 3 months of taking it. Also her blood sugar level has been normalized but of course, everyone must consult their physician before taking any dietary supplement or drugs to avoid any complications. It also has an effect on her body figure but it depends on how everyone manage their diets. We must not depend on dietary supplement alone, b'coz it comes with your responsibility on controlling/managing your daily food intake.
  • sonia9juan
    Options
    Biotin is good stuff It primarily helps the body to metabolize and use the food you eat. I have lost weight and inches off my body without exercise or dieting. I get tons of energy when I take it in the morning. I take 2 tablets of 10,000 mcg each in the morning, I can't take them at night cause I can't sleep if I do.
  • ashily_kirsten
    Options
    i have NEVER heard Biotin could do that! :ohwell:
    i know it is great for hair and nail growth & strength, however.

Biotin helps regulate the blood sugar level and boosts our body metabolism helping our body burn more fats for energy conversion.
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I just started to use it and I think it is helping. I seem to have more energy and my blood sugar is more even than it had been. From what I have read there are no toxic sde effects even at high doses and it helps you lose weight and good for diabetics.

Biotin aids in the metabolism of macro nutrients. It takes the body about 30mcg to do this. While excess Biotin may help the body do this more efficiently, the overall effects it would have on your metabolism would be insignificant at best. The vast majority of Biotin is utilized for other functions resulting hair and nail growth and strengthening, blood sugar control and it has been linked to aid in depression.
  • Jenn_N_SC
    Jenn_N_SC Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TommyBear2
    Options
    I started taking I paill daily of 10,000 of Biotin Puritan's Pride Mega and Mega Red Extra Strength 500 Krill Fish Oil
    Its been about 2 weeks and I already can say I can see a difference with my hair but I will know better after 4-8 weeks. Biotin and Red Krill should also hep lose weight as they are fat metabolizers
    I also try to drink Bragg's Raw Apple Cider daily whic his hard as it is nasty.....lol
    But read up on that, it does wonders for many things.