Help!!!! My weight is not coming off.

Options
I have been successfully loosing wet on weight watchers. Four weeks ago I started a boot camp exercise workout with my co-workers (one hour three times a week). I have lost a total of .8 pounds and didn't go weigh in with WW this week because I feel like I've gained weight. Everyone has told me that the fat is turning into muscles and muscles weigh more than fat. But at what point will the weight start coming off again. I feel great, have more energy, etc. but I still have a lot more weight to go before reaching my goal and I'm feeling a little discouraged.

Replies

• Italian
    Italian Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    try just doing cardio. like running walking or the eliptical. lose weight first then do strength training. see if that helps.
  • anthrochix
    anthrochix Posts: 264
    Options
    just keep at it! Feeling better is more important than a number anyway. Keep up your focus and you will indeed make it.
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Honestly I was feeling the same way but I have actually lost inches instead of pounds, try measuring yourself.
  • bcanner
    bcanner Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi-
    I feel the same way! When I joined Curves back in the fall, the weight and inches came off pretty quickly. However since those first couple of months I haven't seen much change, I seem to stay between 150-152lbs can't lose anymore weight! I try to run, walk, swim, or surf along with going to Curves 3x a week. I do feel healthy but I am trying to get down to about 145/140lbs. Any suggestions????
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I have been successfully loosing wet on weight watchers. Four weeks ago I started a boot camp exercise workout with my co-workers (one hour three times a week). I have lost a total of .8 pounds and didn't go weigh in with WW this week because I feel like I've gained weight. Everyone has told me that the fat is turning into muscles and muscles weigh more than fat. But at what point will the weight start coming off again. I feel great, have more energy, etc. but I still have a lot more weight to go before reaching my goal and I'm feeling a little discouraged.
    Hmm..staying accountable 100% would be your first hurdle..you should weigh in regardless...its when we stop tracking that we fall back into old habits.....I have no idea your food intake or your excercise routine...but I do know that doing 60min of Cardio per day *walking,light joggine etc...and sticking to a set number of calories has worked well for me..also watch your sodium intake..dont always think of this as a pound loss means success..the ideal is really that living a healthy lifestyle is a success.....the pounds are just an added bonus that happen to come of when we live right and fuel our bodies properly....good luck
  • Summerrain
    Summerrain Posts: 14
    Options
    Yeah, your body is in a process of trying to figure out what to do with what. so as long as you continue your work outs and watch what you eat, I mean... you don't have to necessarily "diet" but definitley take into account what you eat on a daily basis and how much because it all amounts to portion control. And like what one other person said, try to measure yourself. You can do this! Don't give up!
  • markxster
    markxster Posts: 19
    Options
    delete
  • markxster
    Options
    delete
  • markxster
    Options
    delete
  • markxster
    Options
    delete
  • markxster
    Options
    Here is the simple answer. Have a realistic outlook and a positive mindset. If you are looking for a fast track weight-loss, do not shoot for losing more than 2 lbs a week. If your goal is to lose fat primarily, then you should focus your exercising on lighter weight strength training (due to a lower carbohydrate diet) and a moderate cardio regimine. Each workout should be no more than 45 minutes long. Shoot for burning around 300-400 kcal / hour. Weigh yourself once a week, unless daily weighing would motivate you to stay on your diet, like it motivates me.
    I currently am on a 1300-1500 cal diet and do aerobics every other day, keeping my heart rate in the range of 130-160 bpm for approximately 45 minutes. On the days that I do not focus on cardio (the days inbetween), I focus on a full-body strength training workout that has me lifting weights to failure on each set. I focus on an Upper-Middle-Lower-Cardio workout. That means, I do a chest or shoulder set (push-ups or lateral arm raises), then an Abs set(sit ups), then a legs set (standing squats), then a cardio set (jumping jacks) for example.
    I drop to a lower carbohydrate diet for no more than 6 days. This forces my body to use stored fat for energy during my workouts. After 6 days, my body says, "That's enough! I need energy!" The scale says, "Wow, you dropped some weight!" After that 6 days, I get back on my normal diet of 1500-1700 kcal / day allowing more of a balance in Protein, Carboydrates, and Fats. With this diet and exercise cycling, I have lost 35 lbs and am still motivated to continue.
    DO NOT just focus on cardio. Building muscle WILL increase your metabolism. Each pound of muscle requires 50 kcal / day, so muscle is a good thing to have. Drop your carbohydrates a little, make sure your fiber is high, drink plenty of water and take your vitamines. You will see movement on that scale. My wife is well versed in weight-loss with Weight Watchers. Please contact her if you have anymore questions.

Julie
    julezbear83@yahoo.com

-Mark
  • Laulee3
    Laulee3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your support.

I'm going to try to stay off the scale and do more cardio before focusing too much on the weight building.