5HTP - help please

ALH1981
ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
I have been using the 5htp for anxiety and since using it i am ALWAYS bloated,constipated and feel horribly full - i am retaining water also.

Its meant to ease anxiety, but in honestly, the anxiety of this feeling is worse - and i can't eat without feeling ill as I'm not hungry… Im overeating as i cant gauge fullness as im only eating because its 'time'.

Any one have any similar experiences to share?

Replies

• steelersfamily6
    steelersfamily6 Posts: 138 Member
    I have been using the 5htp for anxiety and since using it i am ALWAYS bloated,constipated and feel horribly full - i am retaining water also.

Its meant to ease anxiety, but in honestly, the anxiety of this feeling is worse - and i can't eat without feeling ill as I'm not hungry… Im overeating as i cant gauge fullness as im only eating because its 'time'.

Any one have any similar experiences to share?

I do not share these experiences but I am taking 5HTP and I feel like ever since I started taking it again I can not lose weight like I was. Maybe its not the pill, maybe I have just a stump but if I stop taking it I get really cranky & moody, worse then I was before.
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Yeah my loss has stalled since taking it - I'm goingtogo off it for a while and see what happens - il I've it a week and let you know!