Food when working out

Options
kcnjason
kcnjason Posts: 35 Member
I am 5'5 and about 110. I have recently joined a gym and have decided I really need to focus on weight training to build my
bones as well as build muscle all around. I eat about 1400-1500 calories per day. I plan to lift 3 days per week and do cardio 1 day per week as I don't need to lose weight. I'm curious as to how many CALORIES I should be consuming per day? What should I eat AFTER a work out? I just want to make sure that I eat healthy and the right foods. I want to make sure I eat enough so that my body can build muscle as well. Any information would be great:)) thanks!

Replies

• snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    I couldn't tell you exactly what your calorie goal should be because I don't know the intensity of your lifting and what it will be. I do know that you should eat higher carb/higher protein meals around your workouts while limiting fats. That means while a burger from mcd's has carbs/protein handled... its too much fat.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    How many cals does MFP recommend for mainenance?
    Eat at least that many plus whatever you burn from exercise. See how this works out for you in a month or so and change up or down if you need to.