kung pao chicken

Options
psilva78227
psilva78227 Posts: 40 Member
does anyone have a good, healthy recipe for kung pao chicken?

Replies

• hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    This is from hungry girl website and I have made this many, many times since first posting: It is so good, and food my husband will not complain that it is too diet-y. Sometimes I just buy a bag of frozen stir fry veggies add protein and make this sauce, I use regular vinegar if I run out of rice vinegar, and have substituted other sweetners as well
    KING KUNG PAO chicken
    Ingredients:
    8 oz. raw boneless skinless lean chicken breast; cubed
    3/4 cup mushroom chunks
    3/4 cup bell pepper chunks (red and/or green)
    1/2 cup chopped celery
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    1/4 cup sliced & halved canned water chestnuts
    2 tbsp. reduced-sodium/light soy sauce
    1 1/2 tbsp. rice vinegar
    2 tsp. Splenda No Calorie Sweetener, granulated
    1/2 tbsp. cornstarch
    1 tbsp. chopped dry-roasted unsalted peanuts
    1 tsp. minced garlic
    1 tsp. red chili sauce (add more for extra spice!)
    salt, pepper and red pepper flakes; to taste

Directions:
    Begin by combining 2 tbsp. of cold water with soy sauce, vinegar, Splenda, cornstarch and chili sauce -- stir well until all ingredients have dissolved. Set sauce aside. Spray a large pan or wok with nonstick spray, and bring to medium-high heat. Add chicken, mushrooms, bell peppers, celery, onion, garlic and 2 tbsp. of water. Stirring occasionally, cook for about 5 minutes. Once chicken is almost fully cooked but still tender, add peanuts and water chestnuts to the pan or wok. Raise heat to high, give sauce a stir, and add it to the pan/wok as well. Mix entire dish until all ingredients are coated in sauce, and the sauce is hot and thick. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Enjoy! MAKES 2 SERVINGS

Serving Size: 1 heaping portion (half of recipe)
    Calories: 230
    Fat: 4g
    Sodium: 720mg
    Carbs: 17g
    Fiber: 3g
    Sugars: 7g
    Protein: 30g

POINTS® value 4*