Do you count water at gym?

Options
I drink about 2-2.5 litres of water a day, and additionally I drink close to a litre at the gym but I do not count my water at the gym. Someone mentioned I should and someone mentioned I count half of it.

Thoughts/opinions?

Replies

• tantrum69
    tantrum69 Posts: 16
    Options
    Drink until you have 2 clear urinations a day. That should about cover it.
  • cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Can I ask why you're counting your water? I'm just trying to understand since there aren't any calories in water anyway.

If it's just to keep track of what you're drinking, then just log whatever you're drinking.

Personally, I feel logging water consumption is inconsequential. Just make sure you're drinking enough - literally, WHENEVER you're thirsty - and you'll be right.

Does that even help at all? lol
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Count all water any where.
  • masterofktulu
    masterofktulu Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Can I ask why you're counting your water? I'm just trying to understand since there aren't any calories in water anyway.

If it's just to keep track of what you're drinking, then just log whatever your drinking.

Personally, I feel logging water consumption is inconsequential. Just make sure you're drinking enough - literally, WHENEVER you're thirsty - and you'll be right.

Does that even help at all? lol

It does haha I am a bit of a perfectionist with it right now I just keep track of water drank because visually it makes me content. Irrrational I know haha
  • masterofktulu
    Options
    And I just meant more along the lines of " recommended" water in a day would you exclude at the gym since I probably sweat all of it out :P
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    I drink about 2-2.5 litres of water a day, and additionally I drink close to a litre at the gym but I do not count my water at the gym. Someone mentioned I should and someone mentioned I count half of it.

Thoughts/opinions?

did you drink it? I only ask, because I thought we were to be tracking water we drink.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    If you are tracking water, yes it all counts.
  • cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    And I just meant more along the lines of " recommended" water in a day would you exclude at the gym since I probably sweat all of it out :P

ohhh I get you now - why count something that is no longer in your system?

When I started MFP logging six months ago, I was religious about my water intake. Now... lol, I'm lucky to remember :S

You'll be fine mate, doesn't really matter at this point aye? haha
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    If you aren't going to count it because you sweat it out, why count the water you'll just pee out anyway?

Of course you log it!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Not getting into the debate on how much water your should drink.

Just curious about why it wouldn't count if drank at the gym? Does the water drank at a gym come from some alternate reality making it not count in this one?
  • masterofktulu
    Options
    Haha I am glad for the feedback and this is why I asked I had a bunch of site "experts" tell me drink the 8-10 glasses of water a day don't count the gym water since it gets used up immediately and does not go towards daily recommendations" reading it now makes me realize how absolutely stupid it sounds.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options

You sweat it out, pee it out, even breath it out... Simply put yes if you going to track your intake then yes you track all water/fluids intake during that whole day at any time, any place.
  • jmatthews75
    jmatthews75 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I don't count water anymore, its kinda lame once you know how much you need to drink, just another toy for things to track. if you drink a gallon or so a day, you are good. why track it every day? I could see tracking it when you start out to get with the habbit of drinking it all the time, but once you get in the swing, why bother?
  • masterofktulu
    Options
    I don't count water anymore, its kinda lame once you know how much you need to drink, just another toy for things to track. if you drink a gallon or so a day, you are good. why track it every day? I could see tracking it when you start out to get with the habbit of drinking it all the time, but once you get in the swing, why bother?

I agree for most people but I have minor ocd and like to track it haha. Its simply for an irrational piece of mind.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Sure, if you are counting your water intake through the day, it doesn't seem right to ignore the water at the gym.