Motivation

Options
I've recently read countless articles that state people who go overboard with exercise, a complete 180 in eating habits and exercise and eating similar meals for long periods of time make people eventually and apparently inevitably relapse.

I have made a complete 180. From no water, poor poor diet, lack of exercise and sleep to 5 days a week at the gym, healthy eating habits, eating similar meals often, drinking tons of water and sleeping right. I weigh all of my food and account for everything I eat.

People who complain saying keeping up the lifestyle over time is too tedious. To me an excuse. If I have to travel I can bring my small food scale with me. Hotels have gyms and fridges and grocery stores nearby. Since I do track all my food if I go out to eat so be it I compensate and account as best I can, even though I only probably have eaten out 1-2 times a month at the most.

I am not trying to put people down but I will never go back to my old lifestyle. It is a lifestyle I cannot even picture anymore. I understand life gets in the way such as poor finances, travel, or just getting too busy but there is ALWAYS time to maintain the lifestyle. I spoke to a friend today who says he wants to go to the gym but just cannot find the time. I know for a fact he can go after work easily, or even in the morning. Obviously aside from medical issues or very upsetting tragedies there is always time.

I guess my point is it seems to me it all comes down to motivation, dedication and will. Another huge factor for most people but not me is support. I am extremely fortunate to be in an environment where there is no pressure or guilt to change. My heart bleeds for people who live in a situation where there is no support especially from family where you need it most.

I am sure what I wrote is one big digression but if you are new to a healthy lifestyle, some people need to take baby steps. Some can just snap into it. If you need support there is basically an unlimited resource here of people who will always be there to talk and suggest some great things. I have learned invaluable information from this website. I really hope your experience with this site boosts your healthy lifestyle and if you are looking to add people you are more than welcome to add me :)