moving to maintenance - your experience

Options
Cross post in Motivation section as well

Hi. I've switched over to maintenance last week. Although I upped my cals, I still didn't eat all my maintenance / exercise cals (most but still found it hard mentally to up it) and lost another 200g. It takes a bit of getting my head around moving into maintenance. Part of me is worried that if I put on weight, and then have to drop cals later down the track to lose weight, I'll struggle to go back to dropping the additional calories that I am now eating.

I am the lightest I have been for YEARS, and I still can't quite believe I have managed to get where I have got with my weight, and it's taking a bit of a mental shift to realise that I CAN maintain this weight now. Honestly though, even if I do put on a bit of weight on, I wouldn't be unhappy.

I'd love to hear your experience of moving into maintenance. Were you able to maintain your weight? Did you have to move back into losing a down the track? Did it take you long to make the switch from losing to maintenance?

Anyway, would love to read other's stories of moving into maintenance if you are willing to share.

Report Post Quote Reply