A little tip which helps me..

Options
So I just wanted to share this as it really works for me. This is just a really simple idea. Whenever I get the urge to eat something sugary or unhealthy or maybe if I'm trying not to eat anything between meals but am finding the urge too strong I get myself a big glass of juice and then have a boiled sweet of my choice. I went out and bought a bag of rhubarb and custard sweets, I love them. When the urge gets strong I find sitting and sucking on sweet can take the urge away.
Even though its not the healthiest of choices it seems to kill the sugar urge and it really really helps on the weight loss front. This little technique has saved my body from hundreds if not thousands of calories since I started back in january. :)

Replies

• SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    rhubarb and custard sweets - memories of my childhood there. I'm going to have to guy buy some.

I do the same with Werthers and with Galaxy Minstels, the latter I take from the fridge and let melt slowly on my tongue.........ok I'm now having a sugar craving!!
  • Ghewlett
    Ghewlett Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    sounds like a great idea....sometimes the craving for something sweet is so huge it feels like I haven't eaten at all.

Last night after I ate my tea I was so desperate for something sweet that my stomach was rumbling like I hadn't eaten yet - not good!!

Am popping down the shop now!!
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    i have managed to beat a few chocolate urges with 2 grapes. satisfying the sugar part of the urge seems to be enough to beat it.