A Full-Time College Student; not this too!

Options
I am a full-time college student a the age of twenty-four. My intention is to be a doctor someday, and so I will continue to be a full-time college student for a much longer time. My schedule will not become any less hectic any time in the near future. I have this major issue where there are days when I literally have to decide whether I deserve five hours of sleep, or if I should sleep for four and take my walk. I'm trying to break up the exercise; I am going to walk thirty minutes in the morning and thirty minutes at night. I also am going to try the gym at my school after class versus waiting until I am able to drive back home. I carry snacks with me in my purse. I can tell I am loosing weight, but my scale doesn't show it. 155 pounds is the goal, and I'm at 172. I am wondering if anyone had any more suggestions I don't know of.

Replies

• taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Besides being hyper organized and scheduling your day beforehand, nope. I'm also a full time college student... I also have two kids and a full time job. The only way I can fit in my runs is by being organized and scheduling each part of my day accordingly.
  • rae_ann
    rae_ann Posts: 13
    Options
    im a full-time stuent as well and i am studying to be a nurse the workload is so intense with the many science classes i a taking i can understand exactly what u feel. I as well am in the 170's and wish to be in the 40's. what i do is try to get my workout done in the morning, if i wait past noon im less likely to do it. ill usually lay out all my work on thee desk at home in the am, do about 20 mins of lunges, bicycle sit ups, squats, bridges and push ups right in my living room. then while im still warm keep the momentum going and get right outside for a nice powerwalk/sprint. its great to sprint then rest walk, sprint then rest walk. it takes me about 50 mins but im intense the whole time.My heartrate is constently up there. as long as you put the effort into it for those 50 mins you should be fine. remember your body is the best weight bar there is, utilize it:)) then i get home take a quick shower and my work is right there on the desk waiting for me, back to reality. It was hard for me to think of working out as something fun or as something that is essential for everyday life, once you realize that you always have time to sneak in a quick 50 min even 30 -45 mins work out youll be unstoppable...