Fitness On Vacation

Options
I'm going to my cousin's graduation for the next week and really want to keep up with the fitness I've begun. What are some good techniques/suggestions for working out while I'm out of the state? Any feedback would be helpful. Thank you!

Replies

• katemadrigal
    Options
    I travel a lot for my job and always check to see if the hotel I'm staying at has any fitness center or hiking/running trails. If you're not staying at a hotel, I would bring your ipod or MP3 player along with your running shoes and try to run/walk outdoors. After a 30 minute session, you can circuit train to continue your calorie burn. Doing 3 super sets of sit-ups, push-ups, planks, etc. will keep your heart rate up and isolate your muscles.
  • benw
    benw Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Push ups
    crunches
    mountain climber
    If there is a pool, swim
    lunges
    be active and have fun
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I'm going to my cousin's graduation for the next week and really want to keep up with the fitness I've begun. What are some good techniques/suggestions for working out while I'm out of the state? Any feedback would be helpful. Thank you!

If you have the time, you can keep up the calorie expenditure with just walking--depending on what you are doing now, that may require more time, but it's an option.

To maintain current fitness performance levels, you probably only need 2 quality workouts during the week, so you don't have to invest a huge amount of time if it would disrupt family time.

Another option would be to check out some fitness centers in the area. Often they will have day passes for people who do not live in the area. I used to do that when I went back to the old home town to visit my parents. They actually sold me a 1 wk pass when I was there in 1997 for my father's funeral. It was beneficial to be able to work out every morning during that stressful time.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    These are really good suggestions.
    When we're away this summer I plan to take advantage of the stairs! (That will be a first!) :wink: And then I have a daily walk already scoped out.