This might be a stupid question...BUT...

Options
Is there any carbs in white wine and/or vodka?

Im drinking this weekend, but I am trying to restrict my number of carbs this week! I only drink the 2 above alcoholic drinks, so was wondering what my options were?

Im thinking Vodka would be the better option (In moderation, obviously!! :laugh: ) due to the number of calories compared to wine?

I dont know if this is common knowledge and people will think im stupid for asking, but iv tried to look around and cant find the answer!!

Any help appreciated! Thanks in advance! :flowerforyou:

x

Replies

• JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I try to stick with vodka! I mix it with crystal light packets and water or diet cranberry juice! Enjoy your weekend!!!
  • Nicola1944
    Nicola1944 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I try to stick with vodka! I mix it with crystal light packets and water or diet cranberry juice! Enjoy your weekend!!!

I always hear about crystal light!! We dont have it (i dont think??) in the UK! Yeh il be mixing it with something diet/sugar free.... Is vodka carb free then?!

Thanks x
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    No carbs :wink: In fact I believe Smirnoff has a campaign tauting that it has no carbs....

it is why it is called empty calories :flowerforyou:

ETA: I am talking about vodka, I don't know about white wine, but I would think it has tons
  • Nicola1944
    Options
    No carbs :wink: In fact I believe Smirnoff has a campaign tauting that it has no carbs....

it is why it is called empty calories :flowerforyou:

ETA: I am talking about vodka, I don't know about white wine, but I would think it has tons

Thank you!! I thought the same! Vodka it is then!! :) x
  • Nicola1944
    Options
    ID STILL LOVE TO KNOW ABOUT CARBS IN WINE, IF ANYONE KNOWS??????

X
  • JenAiMarres
    Options

I always hear about crystal light!! We dont have it (i dont think??) in the UK! Yeh il be mixing it with something diet/sugar free.... Is vodka carb free then?!

Thanks x

Vodka has no carbs...
  • Nicola1944
    Options

Thanks x

Thanks! :love:

Vodka has no carbs...
  • littlebluej
    littlebluej Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Yes, wine has carbs. Depending on the brand, the type, etc, it ranges from about 2-5 carbs per 5oz serving. Muscat has the most, and Pinot Blanc the least (usually). Drier wines have less sugar, therefore fewer carbs.

Vodka doesn't have carbs. The calories in vodka vary by the proof (as does the calorie content of wine with %), and 80-proof vodka has about 100 calories per shot/jigger.

Wine has more carbs, but ounce for ounce, wine also has fewer calories.

Maybe you'd find this website helpful: http://www.davidstuff.com/wine/calories.htm
  • JenAiMarres
    Options
    ID STILL LOVE TO KNOW ABOUT CARBS IN WINE, IF ANYONE KNOWS??????

X

http://lowcarb4life.sugarbane.com/lowcarbalcohol.htm

Found this!!
  • lds72
    lds72 Posts: 12
    Options
    8 oz of Yellowtail Cabernet has 5
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Is there any carbs in white wine and/or vodka?

Im drinking this weekend, but I am trying to restrict my number of carbs this week! I only drink the 2 above alcoholic drinks, so was wondering what my options were?

Im thinking Vodka would be the better option (In moderation, obviously!! :laugh: ) due to the number of calories compared to wine?

I dont know if this is common knowledge and people will think im stupid for asking, but iv tried to look around and cant find the answer!!

Any help appreciated! Thanks in advance! :flowerforyou:

x

Wine is made from grapes. Vodka is made from potatoes.

They are both in the food tracker, which should tell you how many carbs in what you want.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Click on the "My Home" Tab.

Click on "Track Food"

Type in Wine Selection.

Click "Find".
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art31433.asp

I found this article. It might help.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    A great website to use is www.calorieking.com. It will give you hard nutritional information that you can change the portions to get updated data...

Yes, wine has carbohydrates
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Interesting! X
  • mrshughes0810
    Options
    Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size
    1 glass (3.5 fl oz) (103.0 g)
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 85
    Calories from Fat 0
    % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 0.0g 0%
    Saturated Fat 0.0g 0%
    Cholesterol 0mg 0%
    Sodium 5mg 0%
    Total Carbohydrates 2.8g 1%
    Sugars 0.8g
    Protein 0.1g
    Vitamin A 0% • Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium 1% • Iron 2%

http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-wine-i14084
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    Try to make the alcohol the last thing you have if you are on a primary fat loss program.

Once the alcohol is in your system your body does funny things with nutrient partitioning and will push the bulk of your nutrients to storage.
  • mrshughes0810
    Options
    the first one was white, this is red...

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size
    1 full glass (6.0 fl oz) (177.0 g)
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 150
    Calories from Fat 0
    % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 0.0g 0%
    Saturated Fat 0.0g 0%
    Cholesterol 0mg 0%
    Sodium 7mg 0%
    Total Carbohydrates 4.6g 2%
    Sugars 1.1g
    Protein 0.1g
    Vitamin A 0% • Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium 1% • Iron 5%

http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-wine-table-red-i14096
  • mamabear272
    mamabear272 Posts: 268 Member
    Options

This is a great idea! I used to drink Bud Select 55 but was diagnosed with celiac last June and can't have beer. I started drinking rum and diet. Then all diet pop started tasting bad to me. I don't know why being gluten free would make diet pop taste funny but it did. Anyway, I switched to vodka and cranberry juice but there are so many calories in juice. I could order vodka and water and put a little cranberry crystal light in it! I'm so excited about this. LOL Thanks! :bigsmile: :love: