30 day shred-Weight Gain????

Options
Hello,

I just started the 30 day shred Tuesday. Today was my 3rd day. When I weighed myself this morning I gained almost 3lbs in 1 week. I have been really working my butt off for a little over 3 weeks and I had only lost a total of 2lbs. I realize gaining muscle will make you put on the weight (good weight) but it's also slightly discouraging. Has this happened to anyone else and what were your results?

Replies

• Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Your muscles are probably retaining water. As your body adapts, this will decrease. Also, I try to wait until after my "rest day" to weight myself. Best of luck! =)
  • jennalink807
    jennalink807 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Anytime you start a new exercise, your muscles will retain water to repair themselves. Don't worry, it will go away once you get used to the exercises. :) It's nearly impossible to build muscle while eating at a caloric deficit (unfortunately).
  • Tatyanne
    Tatyanne Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I experiencied the same!!!!
    In my case the sored part was/is the pectorals, and girl....you can't imagine....i dress my bra and when i needed to buttoning my shirt (I work in a suit)...my good...what happen to my boobs? Did they grew up since yesterday? :explode: after all it was only water retention... :smooched:

However in the end of the day they use to go back to their usual size lol

I have not weighed myself since day one, Saturday I'll weigh and measure me and I'll share in My Journal topic i created to keep track of 30 Day Shred.

Kisses,
    Tatyanne
  • mathewsbambina
    Options
    I started Monday and weighed myself this morning and I've gained about half a pound (today makes day 5 of 30 DS). I hope this goes away because you're right- it's definitely discouraging!