I fell off the wagon!!

Options
ma9321
ma9321 Posts: 227 Member
I'm not sure how or when it happened... but I TOTALLY lost motivation. I mean, I still work out BUT i've cut down to 3 days per week instead of 5-6 days and i've been eating everything in sight! I don't eat tons... but i've been making really bad choices!!

I know i've gained some weight because I feel it in my clothes!!! I'm afraid to weigh myself though.

Can somebody please give me a swift kick in the rear to help me get back on track?!

Replies

• iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    I wanted to share something that has helped me, not only with dieting, but in life in general...

In the book, "You! On a Diet" it says, (and I paraphrase) if you slip up (say eat 1/2 a cake or go for an extra slice of pizza) simply make a "U-Turn." It likens it to the GPS system in your car... if you miss a turn, it doesn't say... well, you've screwed up now, you might as well go all the way in the wrong direction. No. Instead it says, at your next possible opportunity, make a U-Turn.

Using this logic, there is no longer such a thing as a "gateway" food or an excuse to give up. Because if you screw up, just make a U-Turn and get back on the right course.
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how or when it happened... but I TOTALLY lost motivation. I mean, I still work out BUT i've cut down to 3 days per week instead of 5-6 days and i've been eating everything in sight! I don't eat tons... but i've been making really bad choices!!

I know i've gained some weight because I feel it in my clothes!!! I'm afraid to weigh myself though.

Can somebody please give me a swift kick in the rear to help me get back on track?!

Think about what you're about to put into your mouth before you do it...that simple, keep healthy foods around you, and exercise, without excuse, make it part of your day, like brushing your teeth, you wouldn't levae the house without doing that would you? then maybe 20 minutes before you leave the house each day, move your body....now bend over...cause I'm giving ya a swift kick in the pooper! :laugh:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hey

Some may agree here but I say get your bottey on that scale first thing tomorrow am and log in your weight (whatever it is)
    You need a reality check!
    You can get your head back in the game,. but the first few days are going to be tough
    KEEP BUSY....
    Don't let these few pounds you put back on sabotage everything
  • smcopley
    smcopley Posts: 34
    Options
    I've fell off the wagon before, and I also did REALLY bad eating & drinking a lot this weekend!! I started working out again today, eating really healthy, and I feel great so far! I wouldn't weigh yourself until the end of this week, so that you don't get discouraged. You can do...it's easy to get back on the weight loss wagon, because you WANT to lose weight! :flowerforyou:
  • ma9321
    Options
    I wanted to share something that has helped me, not only with dieting, but in life in general...

In the book, "You! On a Diet" it says, (and I paraphrase) if you slip up (say eat 1/2 a cake or go for an extra slice of pizza) simply make a "U-Turn." It likens it to the GPS system in your car... if you miss a turn, it doesn't say... well, you've screwed up now, you might as well go all the way in the wrong direction. No. Instead it says, at your next possible opportunity, make a U-Turn.

Using this logic, there is no longer such a thing as a "gateway" food or an excuse to give up. Because if you screw up, just make a U-Turn and get back on the right course.I never thought about it that way! Makes a lot of sense.

I would eat something soo good but soooo bad and then think, "I'll just start fresh on Monday" HELLO!!! What was I thinking?!
  • ma9321
    Options

Think about what you're about to put into your mouth before you do it...that simple, keep healthy foods around you, and exercise, without excuse, make it part of your day, like brushing your teeth, you wouldn't levae the house without doing that would you? then maybe 20 minutes before you leave the house each day, move your body....now bend over...cause I'm giving ya a swift kick in the pooper! :laugh:

Ouch, that hurt!!! lol

Working out is part of my day. I LOVE it actually. Thing is, my husband has been wanting to spend more time with me on his days off (he works two jobs) so I get lazy!! lol
    I do need to get to the grocery store and buy healthy snacks though.
    I used to be able to pass up my moms home cooking but it's been hard these past few weeks! Can't say no to the dang enchiladas!
  • ma9321
    Options
    Hey

Some may agree here but I say get your bottey on that scale first thing tomorrow am and log in your weight (whatever it is)
    You need a reality check!
    You can get your head back in the game,. but the first few days are going to be tough
    KEEP BUSY....
    Don't let these few pounds you put back on sabotage everything

First thing.... PROMISE!!! :happy:
  • ma9321
    Options
    I've fell off the wagon before, and I also did REALLY bad eating & drinking a lot this weekend!! I started working out again today, eating really healthy, and I feel great so far! I wouldn't weigh yourself until the end of this week, so that you don't get discouraged. You can do...it's easy to get back on the weight loss wagon, because you WANT to lose weight! :flowerforyou:

EEhhhhhhh..... It was more like a couple of weeks of eating bad for me!! I think I do need to get on the scale first thing tomorrow morning to give me a reality check!!!
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Consider your butt kicked! When I think about wearing a bikini to the beach in a few weeks it gets me motivated again :-)
  • jdp21
    jdp21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you. I just spent the last couple of weeks pretty much binge eating with no help in sight, BUT, this morning I got back out there and went for a jog. :-) It didn't last long, but it's nice to know I'm doing SOMEthing. In the long run, it'll help me before it'll hurt me, I feel.
  • ma9321
    Options
    Consider your butt kicked! When I think about wearing a bikini to the beach in a few weeks it gets me motivated again :-)

Girl, a few weeks ago I was wearing shorts and tanks feeling awesome about myself including my fat thighs that I'm always self conscious about.
    Today, I would say, "No way, no how!!"

Totally disappointed in myself!
  • littlebigbird
    Options
    OK - I'm sending you a great big hug for courage followed by an uncharateristic hefty shove onto your scales. If you don't know how much you've gained it's going to be hanging over you like a a big cloud and the longer you leave it the bigger the cloud's going to get.

Don't think of your trip into naughtyland as a permanent move . . . just a little detour on the way to being the size you really want to be! :wink: Good luck.
  • ma9321
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you. I just spent the last couple of weeks pretty much binge eating with no help in sight, BUT, this morning I got back out there and went for a jog. :-) It didn't last long, but it's nice to know I'm doing SOMEthing. In the long run, it'll help me before it'll hurt me, I feel.

Ahhhhhhhhhh.......... I'm not alone!!! Not that I'm glad that you've been binge eating... but you know what I'm going through.
    We'll get through this!!
  • ma9321
    Options
    OK - I'm sending you a great big hug for courage followed by an uncharateristic hefty shove onto your scales. If you don't know how much you've gained it's going to be hanging over you like a a big cloud and the longer you leave it the bigger the cloud's going to get.

Don't think of your trip into naughtyland as a permanent move . . . just a little detour on the way to being the size you really want to be! :wink: Good luck.

Thank you! :smile:
  • leshawnturner
    leshawnturner Posts: 382
    Options

I COMPLETELY understand what you are going through!!! I'm trying to get back on the wagon after having been off for at least 2 weeks plus I'm battling TOM (cramps suck!!!). I finally realized that a healthier me is a happier me and I have to believe that I'm worth the fight. Its hard to get back on, but I believe that you can do it!!!!! :flowerforyou: :love: :smooched:

Good luck!!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :tongue:
  • ma9321
    Options

I COMPLETELY understand what you are going through!!! I'm trying to get back on the wagon after having been off for at least 2 weeks plus I'm battling TOM (cramps suck!!!). I finally realized that a healthier me is a happier me and I have to believe that I'm worth the fight. Its hard to get back on, but I believe that you can do it!!!!! :flowerforyou: :love: :smooched:

Good luck!!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :tongue:

It's TOM for me as well!!! GRRRR!!!!!
    Being bloated doesn't help any!!!
    WE can do it! :smile: