Over 225--Can I do Ripped/Shred?

Options
I just ordered Ripped and Shred, but I am a little concerned because I weigh over 225. Anyone doing these that are in the same situation?

Replies

• Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    While I'm not in a similar situation, I have done these workouts. I know you CAN do it! Just remember to exercise to YOUR ability and not the girls on the screen. Modify the exercise if need be, I have to on certain ones.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • robsgurl
    robsgurl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I was around 225 when I started 30 day shred and I am down to 222..but my weight keeps going up and down but I have lost 1 inch on my waist, 1/2 inch on my hips and 1/2 inch on my chest. I have been doing the 30 day shred since March 6th. I plan on taking a break for a while when I am done and restarted the 30 day shred...=)
  • callikia
    callikia Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I first did 30DS when I was about 360 pounds...and it was a struggle. After building a lot of muscle and slimming down a lot, at 300 pounds, I can do 30DS without too much trouble. It's not easy, of course - but what good would it do if it was "easy?" Just do what you can and get better as you go. I have no doubt you can do it.
  • CanDBlack
    CanDBlack Posts: 13
    Options
    Definitely, you can! I started my journey at 253 and was doing 30ds. I started ripped last week. Down to 241. Its a lot of work but there are modified versions and it starts to get easier to do over time. I just have to make sure I have good support for my chest (40d). You can do it!
  • Claire594
    Claire594 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing 30ds I was 215 when I started. I'm now 204 and only 4 days left of level 5. I have lost inches all over but won't be taking my final measurements till I finish.

I would say the only problem my weight has given me is doing the plank moves. I am so heavy and have no upper body strength but I just did the modified moves and toughed it out.

I'm gonna try couch to 5k next and then start the shred over again.

Good luck. You can do it!!
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    You're going to sweat and it's going to be hard, but yes you CAN! You can do any exercise, it's just going to be hard for a while. That goes for all of us starting something new. I did the shred at 220.