alcohol consumption help please

Options
i am turning 22 next week and i really want celebrate with a nice cocktail and beer:) i love drinking beer but know it has been the cause of my weight gain this past year. wanted to see what everyone thinks. anything comments will help maybe some healthier recipes for cocktails.. thanks

Replies

• iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    vodka / diet soda

also, ocean spray makes several varieties of diet cranberry juice which work great as mixers.
  • migoi357
    migoi357 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Think quality over quantity.:drinker:
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Diets don't count on your birthday. Seriously, have a spike day and enjoy yourself.
  • traceyjolli
    Options
    I love a Gin and slimline tonic... only 56 cals per glass!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the day.
    SRS.

Just keep in mind that any food in your system takes a back seat while alcohol is present.
    The body must first detoxify the alcohol from the system before it gets to the food.
    As a result, most nutrients from food are wasted and pushed to storage.

But!

1 day out of a whole week wont kill you nor make you fat!
  • Daytonsmommy
    Daytonsmommy Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I usually just factor in my alcohol BEFORE I start drinking. So if you allot enough calories for 2-3 drinks, regardless of what they are, you know what your limit is. Then you can plan the rest of your meals/calories around what is left over. But honestly, I agree with the previous post....It's your birthday, just enjoy the day and don't worry about this one!!! :drinker:
  • KatFierce
    KatFierce Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I get in as much activity( and dont eat back my exercise cals) the day before and day of, then eat light all day and have a good dinner before hand, drink what I feel like ( I never have more that 3 ever anyway), and pound some water that night and next day> JUst dont stress, go out and enjoy your bday
  • watboy
    watboy Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I have a rum and diet coke often. Never gave it up. Beer however I only drink every now and then because that was also an issue as far as over indulging in calories. I don't think however one night to celebrate your birthday will derail your weightloss goals. For me I 'm not willing to give up foods I enjoy. I just changed quantities or found healthier substititions or enjoy them in moderation. enjoy your birthday, you only live once folks there is plenty of enjoyment to be had.
  • rae_ann
    rae_ann Posts: 13
    Options
    thanks everyone for the feedback.. couldnt be happier right now :tongue: :drinker:
  • katglaze
    katglaze Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have drank a beer and counted the calories, I had a salad that day at lunch. I drink each week a cosmo, or you can do cranberry and malibu rum. Just count the calories and celebrate your day!
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    vanilla vodka and soda with lime, pineapple juice and cake flavored vodka, a nor-cal margarita, sweet tea vodka with soda water and lemon
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Vodka/lime/soda water it's like 80 calories.

Allow for it in your intake and up your water intake. You'll be fine. It's one day out of the year. You need to be able to do that for yourself otherwise you'd go insane!
  • DoctorKyrina
    DoctorKyrina Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm the sort of person who will just tell you to enjoy the one day and get back to eating healthy and exercising the next day. Life is too short to always live with moderation.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    It's your birthday. Drink what you like. It's one day a year. Happy B'day. happydance-2.gif