Personal Training Advice

Options
I know I've seen some personal trainers on here with some really good advice and I was wondering if one of you could help me devise a good weight lifting program to follow. I recently just finished doing a personal training class so I've been working out since about mid-December. I belong to a gym and I have been on programs before so I know the basics of how to use the equipment. I've just started the couch to 5k and I will be doing that on my lunch hours at work. I want to do lifting 3 nights a week at the gym but I'm not sure what type of a program will get me the best results. I want do do overall toning. I really want to get my arms and back in shape for summer clothes. I don't have much of an issue with my legs or butt - but I tend to gain in my upper body and of course that nasty mid-section since I've been over 40. I used to do what they called the 10/10 program at a gym a long time ago - it consisted of 10 machines/10 reps - three times and it really got me in good shape and lost inches. But for the life of me - I can't remember what it consisted of. Any trainers have some good ideas for a 3 night workout?

Thanks!