Ground Turkey Breast

Options
megbar1979
megbar1979 Posts: 150 Member
I have a package of ground turkey breast that I'm planning on using for dinner tonight? Any recipes? I've already tried the Biggest Loser Chipotle Meatloaf one (didn't like it). I usually just make the cooking light egg rolls but I'd like to try something different. Please post any recipes! Thanks!

Replies

• April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    go to hungrygirl.com
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I mix the ground turkey breast with mushrooms, onions, tomato sauce (you can add rice if you like) and stuff red peppers with the mixture, top it off the last few minutes with some grated cheese..delicious. Two of my kids hate peppers, so one of them stuffs it into a cored tomatoe and the otherputs the filling into a tortilla and wraps it up.
  • SOBAY311
    SOBAY311 Posts: 33
    Options
    I don't have an exact recipe, but using ground turkey for tacos is really good.
  • Mrs_Ford
    Mrs_Ford Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/chicken-fajita-quesadillas-104886.aspx

This is my FAVE mid-week dinner! I use turkey sometimes instead of the chicken but I brown the meat with taco seasoning & 3/4 cup water...let it shimmer for about 5-8minutes then I make the recipe as requested but instead with the turkey after cooked. Also, it's really yummy if you mix in some diced tomatoes too!

Either way it's wonderful with some salsa & a tiny dollup of sour cream! :heart:
  • rockchic9382
    Options
    I just made these last week, they are SSSOOO good!! Even my hubby who was skeptical at first couldn't get enough!! Enjoy!!!

1 lb, extra lean ground turkey breast

1 med. Red bell pepper

1 med. Yellow bell pepper

1 jalapeno (no seeds…unless you like really spicey)

½ small red onion

1/8 cup of creole seasoning

1 tsp. chili powder

Few drops of soy sauce per side

Few drops of hot sauce each side

1 slice reduced fat pepper jack cheese

Just mix all together, form into patties, drop soy sauce and hot sauce on each side and grill!!

We had it on wheat buns with romaine lettuce, red onion, tomato, reduced fat mayonnaise
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I have a package of ground turkey breast that I'm planning on using for dinner tonight? Any recipes? I've already tried the Biggest Loser Chipotle Meatloaf one (didn't like it). I usually just make the cooking light egg rolls but I'd like to try something different. Please post any recipes! Thanks!

Taco's
  • megbar1979
    megbar1979 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas!
  • Mercede
    Mercede Posts: 21
    Options
    I make Tacos and use the packaged taco seasoning that is used for ground beef. They are real easy to make and taste good.
  • magnolia1077
    Options
    We did grilled ground turkey burgers with 2% swiss cheese, and sweet potato oven fries the other night for dinner. SOooo good. All my family uses these days is ground turkey. You can do the same things as with ground beef. Just know it's kind of sticky like when it's raw.
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    It is sticky - same with hround chicken!

I weigh out two 4 oz portions for the freezer for burgers, meatloaf and meat balls, etc.