Confidence

Options
Slice1
Slice1 Posts: 193 Member
While I may have only lost 4lbs so far, it has made a difference in my confidence and self esteem. Perhaps the MFP community has helped me as well with all the positivity I'm reading.

For the past 6 months or so I've been very self-conscious about my body. Winter allowed me to cover-up with bulky sweaters so no one would see my belly and love handles.
But the past two weeks have been unusually warm here in Ontario, Canada. This week has averaged 27 degrees celsius (80 fahrenheit)
And sweaters are out of the question.

But I find myself very comfortable in my body this week. I've been wearing single layered shirts rather than 3 layers to hold it in.
And I'm wearing clothes that fit instead of something baggy and shapeless.

Today I'm wearing fitted black dress pants and a pretty top that is form-fitting. I see a bit of a belly when I look sideways in the mirror, but it's not bothering me. This is me. A work in progress. And if anyone doesn't like it, then don't look!

Anyone else find a boost in their confidence along their journey?

Replies

• AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Definately!!! I find that I am not nearly as worried about a little roll here or there as I used to be. For me that confidence started around 8lbs lost. The rest of the world may not have seen my progress but I sure felt it! Good for you! :drinker:
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Btw... LOVE your saying in your profile pic! Nice!
  • Slice1
    Slice1 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I thought it was a good motivational saying :)
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with what your saying. I feel better about myself even though I dont see big improvements with my body its because I am doing it for my self and this is what my life is going to be like forever and I am at peace with that. I dont ever feel like this is just to get some weight off anymore. Since I found MFP its been life changing for me. Everyone on here is in the same boat rowing the same direction and its great to succeed.
  • bailamulata
    Options
    So true... when I was younger I remember always doing it for something or someone else... but never for me and not surprisingly... just as that person or thing failed me... I failed right along with my weightloss... this time around it's for me and when I lost 6lbs I felt so good about myself. For the past 2 years during the battle with all my medical conditions and while I was gaining weight I stopped wearing jewelry and make up and my hair down... this St Patrick's day I went out with friends and family and went for a haircut and a great blow out, put jewelry on, and decided to wear some make up... I have never felt better. It's true.. this is our journey, it's for us, and if someone doesn't like what they see... nobody asked them to look in the first place...
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I used to disliked summer because that meant I couldn't wear sweatshirts to cover myself up. Now I am looking forward to warm weather so I can wear whatever the heck i want. I earned this body. I will enjoy it and wear whatever I want!!
  • BeeSunny
    BeeSunny Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Self image is the hardest thing I have had to accept, it is not about how I look, but how I feel about myself. I have hated my body for so long I would eat to make me feel better then cry because I ate and eat more, I found comfort in food!!! Ok now I am learning to look at myself in the mirror and say "I love how my body looks" as I touch and say each body part, it really works I am not kidding. Once I began liking my body I began to have more self confidence, I may not have lost weight, or was even trying to, but I still liked my body. I have yet to love my body but that will take time. It isn't about your body and how you look but how you feel about your body!! Once you accept that it is where you are at right now, it will help you feel more confident and free your mind of how you think others view you. Enjoy your confidence and let it take you where you want to go with your weight loss and hold your head up high, because you are worth it!!:flowerforyou:
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I've experienced the same thing. I find myself wearing fitted clothing know instead of hiding under baggy clothes and I feel good about myself which is an entirely new feeling.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!