Green Tea

Options
2»

Replies

• byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Hi,

A side thing about green tea, I use it on my skin, brew then apply for 15 minutes on problem areas of your skin, fresh is best.

Interesting...what does it do for your skin?
  • kellrod
    kellrod Posts: 2
    Options
    I like the taste of green tea but found when I drink it my hair starts falling out. Anyone else had this problem?
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I drink tea a lot, and not just green tea. I haven't seen a big difference when I drink green tea, but I mix up my tea with some black tea (though I do add a touch of milk & organic coconut sugar to it), Oolong, white, pu'er and rooibos as well as green teas. They are my non-water drinks after my AM cup of coffee.
  • maddyg1989
    maddyg1989 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Green tea is awesome. I drink mine cold with a couple drops of honey. It doesn't aid in "weight-loss" but it does help increase your metabolism and it is a wonderful diuretic. So if you have a lot of water weight... that's about the only weight you'll lose when drinking it.

My daily routine:
    Wake up: Drink 600ml of water.
    Breakfast (when hungry): Piece of fruit/eggs
    Drink water
    Mid-morning snack: oatmeal/trail mix
    Drink water
    Lunch: Veggies with side of lean protein (Grilled chicken salad - watch the calories on the dressing) with Green Tea
    Drink water
    Mid-afternoon snack: trail mix/fruit/rice cake
    Drink water. (Energy drink if needed - BodyForm or Advocare Spark)
    Dinner: Lean protein with veggies and complex carb (Fish/grilled chicken with steamed veggies/side salad and rice)

And don't forget approx. 30 mins of cardio!!!!
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I use 6 bags of Salada decaf green tea and 2 bags herbal tea ( I like lemon and peach the best; apple cinnamon wasn't sweet enough) in my iced tea maker. Each pitcher lasts about 2 days, as I drink it all day long. No artificial sweeteners, no caffeine, no worries!
  • Mist1981
    Mist1981 Posts: 145
    Options
    I think it has helped me just because drinking hot tea makes me feel full. If I feel hungry I will drink it, and add a little vanilla stevia. I am in love with the store Teavana!! I bought a tea maker that holds 24 ounces, so I brew it first thing in the morning, and take it to work with me. I end up drinking all 24 ounces before 3:00. It's easy for me since I only have to make it in the morning, and it's completely spill proof so it travels well. Overall I have felt better as well!

Oh and mine is green and white tea together.
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I love green tea...no sugar, no milk...just plain. I drink it with breakfast and lunch every day. There's really been no difference in my weight loss but I feel like it helps give me extra energy. I do drink the caffeinated tea so that may have something to do with it. Other than that, I like the other health benefits it offers.
  • Snapplejac
    Snapplejac Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    don't think it will contribute to weight loss unless you are substituting sugary drinks! It's still good for you though - so would recommend it. :)
  • SanyamKaushik
    SanyamKaushik Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Dont worry about weight loss. just have it. Green tea contains only 1 calorie and your intestines would not mind ignoring those :laugh:
    On the plus side, its rich in anti-oxidants.
  • Bone_Daddy
    Options
    Tea fills the role of beverage when I'm not thirsty or I don't want a proper 'drink'. Green tea is just one flavor in the rotation I go through depending on my mood and taste at the time. I haven't found a green tea that I LOVE, but I keep trying different ones hoping...
  • nannanorem
    nannanorem Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Just bought some Organic Lemon Yerba Mate Tea! It is so good, I don't even have to add anything to it like I do the other Teas I've tried :drinker:
  • heatgal976
    heatgal976 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to Tazo's green tea and I have it every day. Do I think it aids in weight loss? No.