Blunt Motivational Words

Options
Something I read this morning and thought I would share:

You're right. It's easier to eat pizza than to run on the treadmill.
It's easier to turn to ice cream rather than to people for support.
It's easier to say "screw it, I give up" than it is to say "I can do it"
So you know what? I'm not going to sit here and tell you day after day you can do this.
If you don't believe you can, then you can't.
That's the honest truth. You need to do this for YOU.
And if you don't want it enough, then you sure as heck won't achieve it.
So take the easy way out and remain unhealthy and continue to gain weight
Because you can't realize you are the only one hurting yourself.
I didn't say it would be easy. I said it would be worth it.

Replies

• Sinope82
    Sinope82 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Love this :happy:
  • bojamashell
    bojamashell Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I love this too! It's so true. It is so easy to make the unhealthy choices. And I'm an example of that. I mean, things I've heard for years and "knew" didn't actually make sense to me until I decided to take my health seriously and make lifestyle changes, reminding myself that my health, my children, and my happiness is worth more than eating fast food all the time, or watching tv instead of being active. One person can't make another person do something. Something like "you can lead a horse to water, but can't make it drink". This wasn't working for me until I decided that I can do it, I need to do it, and I will do it. Like the 5K I'm doing. I have 'supportive' family, one person in particular though keeps reminding me "are you sure you're gonna be able to do that? Maybe we should wait until next year. You don't want to get hurt." etc., Well, I've been wanting to do this specific 5K for years now. Each year as I take my children to run their last 1.2 miles out of 25 miles logged before the marathon, I tell my husband, "I'd like to be involved. I'd like to walk the 5K someday and maybe someday run the half marathon." And every year, it's time for the marathon again and I don't do it because I didn't prepare. It's a vicious cycle. This year, I'm doing it, not just saying that I "want to" but that I "am". :happy:
  • jonesyuno34
    Options
    True... true
    Something I read this morning and thought I would share:

You're right. It's easier to eat pizza than to run on the treadmill.
    It's easier to turn to ice cream rather than to people for support.
    It's easier to say "screw it, I give up" than it is to say "I can do it"
    So you know what? I'm not going to sit here and tell you day after day you can do this.
    If you don't believe you can, then you can't.
    That's the honest truth. You need to do this for YOU.
    And if you don't want it enough, then you sure as heck won't achieve it.
    So take the easy way out and remain unhealthy and continue to gain weight
    Because you can't realize you are the only one hurting yourself.
    I didn't say it would be easy. I said it would be worth it.
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    True! One of my friends was making a bunch of excuses the other night for working out, and I read her the quote I currently have as the screensaver on my phone:

"The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullsh!t story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it."

Harsh, but true. We make excuses when that's really all they are - excuses. You can do whatever you put your mind to, most people just don't want to.
  • dsagaties1963
    Options
    so true, that is what I had to realize so that I could finally lose the weight!!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    That's awesome...and SO true!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Very true. I can't blame anything or anyone. I was the one that did myself in. I let myself get fat and out of shape. I made all the excuses why I wouldn't/couldn't/didn't want to get healthy or lose weight.

But something somehow clicked and I said I want this. I am pretty much at my goal right now (off by 0.2)) and I can't believe how far I have come. I have had to make some big time changes and stick with them pretty fiercely. Not to say I haven't slipped with certain foods sometimes because I have and I made the choice to do so. But all and all I have done pretty well with all of this. It's definitely just as much mental and emotional as it is physical. Some people get that and some people don't.
  • Slice1
    Slice1 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm glad everyone likes it. I think the same idea rings true for every aspect of our lives.

I have a friend who constantly complains about how much his life sucks. I've been hearing the same story from him for a year now.
    He was complaining again this pas Monday in an email. He hates his job, he hates where he lives, he hates that he's single, his friends suck.

I told him this: You and only you are in control of your life. If you don't like it, change it. If you are unhappy it's because you're allowing yourself to be that way.

He hasn't spoken to me since.
  • bojamashell
    Options
    I'm glad everyone likes it. I think the same idea rings true for every aspect of our lives.

I have a friend who constantly complains about how much his life sucks. I've been hearing the same story from him for a year now.
    He was complaining again this pas Monday in an email. He hates his job, he hates where he lives, he hates that he's single, his friends suck.

I told him this: You and only you are in control of your life. If you don't like it, change it. If you are unhappy it's because you're allowing yourself to be that way.

He hasn't spoken to me since.

But it's true. I am not happy with my job, but that's why I'm going to school to do what I want to do. So now, i approach this job differently- not like "Ugh, I hate my job. Why do I have to come here?" but now as "Okay, time to make money to pay the bills. Just a little while longer until I finish my degree."
  • Slice1
    Options
    The thing is, you have a plan. You're doing something about it. And for that, I applaud you.

It's ok to not like where you are (in your job, in your relationships, in your body) but if you're taking steps to change it then I think you're allowed to complain! lol.

So good for you for working toward your goals.
  • Slice1
    Options
    Like the 5K I'm doing. I have 'supportive' family, one person in particular though keeps reminding me "are you sure you're gonna be able to do that? Maybe we should wait until next year. You don't want to get hurt." etc.,

There are always going to be non-believers. Here's your chance to prove them wrong. Just keep doing what you're doing if it makes you happy.
    Sucks though, having someone be so negative.
  • slkiss72
    slkiss72 Posts: 4
    Options
    you are soo true!! and I loved how it was said!!
  • sarvissa
    sarvissa Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS!!!
  • laxing
    laxing Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you.
  • bojamashell
    Options
    Slice1- Thank you. It is hard (all of it, weight, school, parenting), but not impossible. One day, I'll accomplish what I've set out to. One day I'll graduate, one day I'll run a marathon, and one day I'll have the energy I want to keep up with my kids. :smile: