Foods that prevent muscle tearing (side effect of antibiotic

Options
I need some help. A course of antibiotics I just completed have some nasty side effects related to muscle injury/ detachment/ loss and tendon injury/detachment. Some of the reviewers describe a popping in their joints weeks after taking the medication that is followed by injuries. The popping is happening in my joints as well as other side effects from this drug (nausea and insomnia. Fun, right?), so I'm very concerned I'll experience this other side effect. I did not know about this when I began the antibiotics, and, honestly I was so very sick at the time I don't think I cared to check. But now that I know, I'm curious if there's something I can be doing to battle this side effect. I'm assuming that the meds were sucking some nutrient out of my muscles/tendons that they need to function, but since I'm still new at this nutrition/ body chemistry thing, I need some help with this one.

What nutrients am I looking for and what foods/ supplements can help with this? Thank you so much!

For the next 10 days for sure, I'll be limiting my intensity on the treadmill at home and stretching as much as possible. Anything else I might be missing? I really do not need to get an injury to set me back!

Replies

• ladyfingers39
    Options
    I had no idea!!! That explains why I had so many issues a few years ago. I was on antibiotics 8 times in one year. Yeah, lovely!!!
    WOW, I am trippin over here...that is crazy. What joints hurt you the most? I try and stretch a lot too, but last night you should have seen me, an ice pack on each knee and one on my heel (heel spur)...it wasn't pretty, but they sure feel better this morning, so I say ICE! :)
  • awandell
    awandell Posts: 62
    Options
    It's funny, my neck hurts, and then my knees, hips, ankles, sins, and calves all hurt. But honestly, I expect it to hurt because I'm pushing them harder than they're used to. I just want to be careful to protect them too!

Anybody?