Need Some Equipment Recommendations

Options
Hi MFP,

I'm thinking about making two equipment purchases, and I wanted to see if there were any consensus favorites.

First thing, I'd like to get a bathroom scale that also measures body fat %. I go to the gym at different times day-to-day, which means I'm not weighing myself at a consistent time every day. I'm thinking with a home scale, I can just weigh myself first thing every morning and establish that as a baseline for progress purposes.

I ran a search on Amazon and it kicked back a few models ranging from $35-$70. I want to get a scale that is accurate and durable. I'm currently around 310 lbs, so I don't want something that will break down from my usage of it.

Second thing, I'm thinking about getting a HR monitor after reading about some of the variations between MFP and machine calorie burn outputs. Plus, it would allow me to accurately track burn from non-machine workouts, which would be nice. These seem to have a far greater variation in price, so I suppose I'm wondering at what price point does the marginal increase in accuracy, durability, etc. stop justifying the extra dough (I'm a student, so if I can avoid breaking the bank, that would be nice).

Thanks in advance!