Sports Bra - Larger Breasts

Options
Hi Ladies!

I am currently a 42DD and am looking for a sports bra. I REALLY would like to get one without underwires for extra comfort but, does anyone have any suggestions? I am not looking to spend a fortune either, I already have too with my regular bras lol!

Replies

• Grandmalean
    Grandmalean Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use 2 champion XL sports bras at a time, they seem to be pretty comfortable especially when it comes to jumping jacks.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I definitely recommend the "Tata Tamer" from lululemon. It's worth every penny.

http://shop.lululemon.com/products/clothes-accessories/women-sports-bras/Ta-Ta-Tamer-II-31110?cc=0001&skuId=3449138&catId=women-sports-bras

The website has reviews worth reading too.
  • amycool
    amycool Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've just got a berlei sports bra and it's amazing, wish I could wear it every day!
  • runningfromzombies
    runningfromzombies Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

I am currently a 42DD and am looking for a sports bra. I REALLY would like to get one without underwires for extra comfort but, does anyone have any suggestions? I am not looking to spend a fortune either, I already have too with my regular bras lol!

Once upon a time I was a D (about ten pounds ago, haha). I'm now more like a large C. I've used the same sports bra since then--it's the C9 by Champion Seamless Racerback Bra. Love those things, I have it in about four colors. Weirdly, though, it has always worked for me better if I get one on the smaller side so that it fits a bit tighter; all of mine are currently a small when usually I'd be a medium or a large in other sorts of tops.
  • DoctorKyrina
    DoctorKyrina Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    The needs of a someone with very large breasts are a real pain and I know it. I'm a 32FF/G and it's almost impossible to find anything (based on some stores, apparently anyone wearing over a size D cup doesn't need a sports bra). I'm currently using a Shock Absorber bra (http://www.shockabsorber.co.uk/) in a level 4 support. It's a snug and almost uncomfortable, but I don't jiggle in it at all. I actually found it on ebay for relatively cheap and I'm likely to get a second one soon.

I also used to really like the Last Resort bra, but had a hard time finding the right size.

And then I need to give my standard disclaimer about making sure your sizing is especially right for sports bras. Try out a one band size smaller and one cup size up from what you're wearing now. Most people are in the wrong size anyway and it may help with comfort.
  • prousis
    prousis Posts: 14
    Options
    I wear a 38D and the best I have found that won't break the bank is the compression bra that Champion makes. You can find them at Target.
  • RhinestoneRocky
    RhinestoneRocky Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have to triple up on Sports bras! Having tig ol' bitties can be a pain...in the BACK/NECK.

Thanks for posting this question! (and everyone that has responded with links and such)

I can tell you what NOT to buy...the Old Navy activewear sports bras. They do nothing!
  • DoctorKyrina
    DoctorKyrina Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have to triple up on Sports bras! Having tig ol' bitties can be a pain...in the BACK/NECK.

Thanks for posting this question! (and everyone that has responded with links and such)

I can tell you what NOT to buy...the Old Navy activewear sports bras. They do nothing!

I used to have to do that when I wore the over the head ones! A really well made sports bra can change your world.
  • addmorecloud
    addmorecloud Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Shock absorber make a running bra for bigger boobs that is meant to prevent the 'figure 8' action. I'm a 32F, this is the best I've found so far. I found reading reviews helpful on Amazon when looking. Good luck!
  • missfancy1980
    Options
    Shock absorber!!! best of the best
  • sweetendeavor
    sweetendeavor Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LPCoder
    LPCoder Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I just got Underarmor compression bra and it holds me in very well. Check on the Underarmor website or ****'s Sporting goods (LOL the website starred me! D.i.c.k.'s Sporting Goods)
  • hillary124
    hillary124 Posts: 112
    Options
    Im a 32D, and I know that isnt THAT big but its still hard for me to run without pain. I got a high support champion sports bra at target that I love, also actually a victorias secret yoga bra had great cups and support!
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • kristy3119
    kristy3119 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I also use ones by Champion...not entirely sure what the style is since there are so many, but it is a racerback over the head style that also has regular bra hooks. Also it comes in bra sizes, not s-m-l. I started wearing them when i was a 40DD and loved them. I'm now a 38D, and am getting into running and they're still doing the trick. Super impressive for such a reasonably priced bra, plus the uniboob isn't too bad!
  • mykahlio1
    mykahlio1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    ChEck with cacique it's part of the limited Corp and sometimes connected to lane Bryant stores. I worked for lb many years ago when I was a 38ddd and then some. Cacique has a huge selection of quality bras to choose from I'm sure they will have exactly what you need . They also do bra fittings free there so it's the best way to get the perfect fit
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I'm a 42DDD and I use Enell. Oprah endorsed it and I was like why not. It's not the prettiest thing but it holds the girls in place. I could bounce up and down and my boobs do not move. They are pricey ($50+) but I've had mine for about a year and it still feels brand new.

ETA: http://www.enell.com/index.php
  • rhiawiz57
    rhiawiz57 Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips - i'm a 36DD and i run and do karate and yoga and need all the help i can get!
  • rhiawiz57
    rhiawiz57 Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    i ended up finding good reviews for the Moving Comfort Maia:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001B1KUS4/ref=oh_details_o03_s01_i00

wore it tonight for the first time in karate and jumping jacks and kicks were a breeze! felt nice not to feel all of that bounce during my jumping jacks and kicks! i would recommend it - and it is easy to put on too.