hunger pangs

Here is my dillema: I have found that I don't get hungry between meals when I eliminate processed carbs, BUT i know that cutting them out completely forever isn't realistic. So, for the past week I have been eating within my calories(and eating back my exercise calories) but adding in whole grain rice and bread when possible. The problem is I feel like I'm STARVING about two hours after I eat( to the point that I feel nauseous). I know that this is my body's way of telling me to eat, but if i do, I will go over my calorie allowance for the day. Should I just ignore the calorie count for awhile and eat in tune with my body, or go back to eliminating carbs?

Replies

• staceycamp
    staceycamp Posts: 39 Member
    I have that problem too. I have started eating boiled eggs(just the whites) when I start feeling that way and it does tide me over for a while. And they are only about 17calories an egg if you just eat the whites. drinking alot of water when I feel that way has been helping too.
  • tmt2003
    tmt2003 Posts: 176 Member
    Personally I agree that cutting anything out entirely is a not a good plan for long term success. Protein and fats will help keep you full so focus on getting those in your daily meals. The same with whole unprocessed foods. So to answer your question, I would up my calories (maybe an extra 100) but make sure that the extra calories are of nutritional value and not empty calories.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,309 Member
    Just make sure you are getting sufficient protein and fat with those carbs. You can cut back on them, that helps me. One serving of bread is all I consume in a normal day. Usually one piece of fruit, a serving of either rice or potatoes, and a beer sometime during the day.
  • If you are experiencing hunger pains then I would eat something healthy. I believe that we should listen to our bodies, whose to say that you or MFP is right in deciding the number that your body needs each day.