how am i going to do this in only 11 days?

Options
2»

Replies

• itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    You could make sure you have a rest day before the weigh-in - your body holds on to water after you exercise to help you heal, so if you do a vigorous workout before the weigh-in the scale could be a little higher.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    The first thing that comes to mind is to drink A LOT of water. That way you can be positive you're not holding on to any water weight at all. On the same note, watch your sodium intake! I'd say no processed foods until the competition is over.

That's all I have off the top of my head... good luck!
  • Lynnmi07
    Lynnmi07 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Oh and I just reread your post. You don't gain weight quickly from lifting weights. If so most men would probably be HUGE. Sometimes if you lift really heavy you might retain a little extra water in your muscles and gain a pound or 2 but just don't lift heavy a day or 2 prior to weighing in. Also, think of the biggest loser, they lift weights and lose lots of lbs!
  • DaniellePF
    DaniellePF Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Just to clarify to you all. This IS about ahealthy lifestyle for me. I a dieting and exercising properly and I am doing it over a long period of time to hopefully keep it off BUT i am just so upset at the guys that I was just wondering if there was anything else that I could do to help it along eg certain foods, exercises etc.

Don't feel like you have to justify yourself. If you came on these forums and wrote: "the sky is blue today." Someone would have something to say about it. :ohwell:
  • kathleennnnn
    Options
    Well I'd probably starve myself for 10 days to win 550 dollars cause im broke as a joke!!

If I were in your situation I'd either go on a short raw food fast and increase your cardio or drink protein shakes!

Its short term and won't hurt you in the long run.
  • beckys19
    beckys19 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    The first thing that comes to mind is to drink A LOT of water. That way you can be positive you're not holding on to any water weight at all. On the same note, watch your sodium intake! I'd say no processed foods until the competition is over.

That's all I have off the top of my head... good luck!

You have to be careful about the water/salt balance... if you drink LOTS of water and consume little salt, you can get water poisoning.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16614865/ns/us_news-life/t/woman-dies-after-water-drinking-contest/
  • VAPeters
    VAPeters Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I do like the idea of getting them kicked out for bad spotsmanship.
    How much can they loose from a wrestling trick? They have to do something along the way and be just using the wrestling trick as a final boost.
  • doubledoblemom
    doubledoblemom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    good for you whatever keeps you motivated and engaged!!!! Forget the HATERS!!
  • misrical
    misrical Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    If its someone that really knows how to "cut weight" you probably wont be able to match them.
    Wrestlers/UFC types that know all the tricks can drop 10 pounds in a day if they really want to.
    They will mix a variety of ingredients in a tub, sit in it and this will cause them to sweat profusely and drain all the water out of their bodies or they will wrap up in a sweat suit and hit a sauna.
    All their weight loss will be water and they will replace it right after.
  • ged630
    ged630 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    #1. Great job on your weight loss!! Keep it up and be so proud.
    #2. Lets hope they were just trying to intimidate you.
    #3. I understand your desire to win the money and you should if they are using trickery to win, but regardless you know you deserve to win. And you have already won a better healthier life!

Good luck! I also am part of a weight loss contest that ends April 1-3. I hope to win a cash prize but have no idea what my competition is.
  • Redapplecandie
    Redapplecandie Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    If this is about a healthy lifestyle change for you, then there is no way you will lose 10# in a healthy manner.

If I was you, I would forget about the contest, and focus on keeping yourself healthy. If you keep it up, ten years down the road you will be fit and healthy, while those other guys will be looking like crap. And then YOU would know that you did it for YOU, not for money.

Just my 2cents
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    $550 is a week's pay for me--I totally understand wanting to win that money. Good job on doing it the right way, and good luck!