Having Major surgery how do I exercise then??

Options
I'm having major surgery on April 19th and will be out of commission for 6 weeks. Absolutely no upper body movement. The most I'll be able to do is walking and that will have to wait 2 weeks after surgery. My eating will be off for a while too from the anaesthetic and pain meds. I'm concerned about losing all the progress I've made so far, and don't know how to handle the situation. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. {:o)

Replies

• mamabear272
    mamabear272 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I had surgery last month too. You will definitely be out of it for a few days. Just take the time to heal. You won't be able to do that properly if you do too much. I would say all you're going to be able to do for at least a couple of weeks is log your food. Then start slowly. Try going to the mall or park and walk just a bit. Work your way back from there.

I can not stress enough to go slowly!! You're going to tire easily and quickly. DON'T OVER-DO IT!!

Good luck!
  • joec63
    joec63 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Had my rotator cuff put back together Jan 2011 after a bad skiing accident. Took 9 months of therapy and healing to be able to lift again. Don't rush it and heal first. Ask your Dr when you can get back at it.