Upping calories to BMR

Options
2»

Replies

• susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Although it's true that you don't *need* to eat breakfast, if you're trying to increase your consumption without feeling bloated, it may help. Your stomach will be empty again by lunch.
  • MelKut
    MelKut Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm eating 1420 per day (I'm currently 158 with a goal of 150 lbs, although this may change) and that's to lose 1 pound per week.

I just used that fat2fitradio.com BMR calculator and it says my BMR is 1563....Should I just go manually UP my calories?
  • pinkpascal
    pinkpascal Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm eating 1420 per day (I'm currently 158 with a goal of 150 lbs, although this may change) and that's to lose 1 pound per week.

I just used that fat2fitradio.com BMR calculator and it says my BMR is 1563....Should I just go manually UP my calories?

Thats what i'm going to do i think and see if that works for a while.
  • MelKut
    MelKut Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Yeah after my weigh-in tomorrow I'll increase it :smile: I'm not really concerned about rapid weight-loss, I just want to make sure I'm getting enough.

I do wonder why MFP is so off on the BMR. Do they use a formula to calculate?
  • pinkpascal
    pinkpascal Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    If i work at Starbucks for 8 hours a day, 4-5 days a week, what will my activity level be? I'm on my feet for those 8 hours serving on the till, making drinks and bussing tables, does this make me lightly active or active?
  • SSAHM
    SSAHM Posts: 172 Member
    Options

Thats what i'm going to do i think and see if that works for a while.

If you go to this site and figure out all your figures (figure out your fat percentage first using the site) when you figure out your BMR it will have a table at the bottom that says how much you need to eat for your activity level to maintain your goal weight, it says if you eat at this level you will lose the weight (obviously cause its the level for you to maintain your goal weight which may be 30kg lighter) and as you get closer to your goal weight the weight loss will begin to slow a little. I was eating 1200 and it told me i need to be eating 2200 if im moderately active...
  • bazfitness
    bazfitness Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Phew...I just found out about BMR today - guess 5 days in to this fitness regime change isn't too long but I've been eating under it some of the time. Have actually been feeling a bit faint and weak at times. Is this info shown prominently somewhere here as I would have thought it was important enough to have been - but I've only seen it on these forums today.

Anyway I've actually upped my daily calorie requirements to maintenance level in the MFP calculator as I'm only looking for very gradual weight loss and want to replace my fat with muscle as much as reasonable possible while just shedding maybe in the range of 10 to 14 lbs in total. Anyway I haven't hit my BMR (1781 according to http://www.drgily.com/basal-metabolic-rate-calculator.php and 1863 on http://www.fitwatch.com/qkcalc/bmr.html and 1725 using the katch-mcardle formula on http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/) most days by the looks of it never mind maintenance level. I'm as still trying to get new foods to replace the junk part of the diet I've cut out, not as easy as I'd thought it was going to be. :tongue: But last 2 days getting closer.
  • eknipe1994
    eknipe1994 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been working out for about a month, and I've dropped a good amount of weight pretty fast, but lately I've been thinking that I look bloated after I eat. Now i think it's just all the time. is this possibly why?