She asked what about me?

Options
13»

Replies

• rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    :wink: eat before you make their food, if your not hungery you will be less tempted by it
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I cook what I need to eat (usually meat and veg) and then make carbs to go with it for everyone else. That said, there are days when of course they are eating like pizza or something that I steer clear of. Most days I just suck it up and deal, but some days I know that if I have to prep it, I'm gonna eat it. That's when Dad or the teen get to do the cooking while I hit the treadmill.
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I cook, and what I cook, my husband has to at least try. He has found he likes most of what I cook, and knows that if he doesn't like it, there is something he can usually fix himself or throw in the oven. Basically, I just watch the red meat, make sure it's very lean, replace with ground turkey when i can, and fix fish and fresh veggies. Also, things like a salad with broiled or grilled chicken is easy....Look for recipes on here, and other blog sites (ie Hungry Girl)..
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Ok so I started dieting, my daughter and boyfriend are fit as a fiddle! To start off my weight loss I brought alot of lean cuisine meals and snacks. My 14 yr old daughter was like what about me? She eats some what healthy and i feel guilty making her eat what she's not use to. So how do I still cook for my family without getting tempted with what their eating? Someone please help!

Lean Cuisine isn't particularly healthy. What you might consider is finding some good, real food, recipes, and cooking healthy for you and the whole house! "Dieting" is a bad idea. Healthy lifestyle is a good one. Both for you, and your fourteen-year-old.

Agree on the Lean Cuisine thing. They are filled with sodium and other preservatives. Try making a chicken/veggie stir fry. You'd be AMAZED at how much more food you get to eat than what is in those lean cuisines for the same calories.

Cook "clean" foods. Fresh fruits and veggies (or frozen-- I always use the frozen veggie blends for my stir fry) Fresh meats. There are TONS of delicious healthy recipes on cookinglight.com (their magazine is amazing too!). And here's the best part. Your daughter is 14, she is perfectly capable of helping out chopping veggies and spending time with you while making dinner!
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Ok so I started dieting, my daughter and boyfriend are fit as a fiddle! To start off my weight loss I brought alot of lean cuisine meals and snacks. My 14 yr old daughter was like what about me? She eats some what healthy and i feel guilty making her eat what she's not use to. So how do I still cook for my family without getting tempted with what their eating? Someone please help!

I cook everything I always did just in healthy form and my loved ones LOVE it! Ground Turkey is awesome! My daughter would not eat poultry at all before I started this change and now she doesn;t want hamburger, she want's turkey burger as well as veggie burgers and has even tried chicken.

My SO found out when I made 2 styles of tacos one night, 1 hamburger, 1 turkey burger....My tacos tasted better, he hasn;t asked for beef since.

Heaven71... two words... Hawaiian Tacos...... They are to die for! And really low cal and healthy and have a recipe for FRESH pineapple salsa. Seriously the GREATEST salsa EVER!!!!!!!! They don't have all the added cals of sour cream and all that either (although, I must put a little bit of cheese, it's my guilty pleasure lol). Here's the link

http://www.recipe.com/hawaiian-tacos/
  • spatters77
    Options
    Being a divorced father, my daughter is only with me every other week. When I started this journey to get healthy, I sat down with her and talked with her about it. Now when she comes over, we plan out what we are going to eat for the next week and go grocery shopping together. Since doing this we both eat less and feel so much better, not to mention the fun we have trying some new recipes. I still will make steak or spaghetti, just cut back on the proportions and plan accordingly for that day. Planning ahead for the week makes it much easier to plan out each day. Good luck with your journey.
  • gimmewellness
    gimmewellness Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Check out a cookbook called Cook This Not That Easy & Awesome 350-Calorie Meals. A lot of them are healthier low calorie versions of things you would find at popular restaurants, and there are some VERY tasty recipes in this book! There is also a lot of variety...

I just bought this book today!!! I'm very excited about it!! I use the "Eat This Not That" all the time and just bought if for a friend.
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options

I cook everything I always did just in healthy form and my loved ones LOVE it! Ground Turkey is awesome! My daughter would not eat poultry at all before I started this change and now she doesn;t want hamburger, she want's turkey burger as well as veggie burgers and has even tried chicken.

My SO found out when I made 2 styles of tacos one night, 1 hamburger, 1 turkey burger....My tacos tasted better, he hasn;t asked for beef since.

Heaven71... two words... Hawaiian Tacos...... They are to die for! And really low cal and healthy and have a recipe for FRESH pineapple salsa. Seriously the GREATEST salsa EVER!!!!!!!! They don't have all the added cals of sour cream and all that either (although, I must put a little bit of cheese, it's my guilty pleasure lol). Here's the link

http://www.recipe.com/hawaiian-tacos/

MMMMMMM....that sounds yummy!!! I am going to try it, thanks for the link!