20 lbs down with PCOS (and pics)

Options
zombiemomjo
zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
My first success story post! Woot! I have fought weight issues (and infertility) for years. After two sons that I never thought I would have, I got serious about the weight loss. My ob/gyn actually told me that no matter what I did, I was going to be fat because of my hormones. So I set out to prove him wrong. 10 week body makeover program (that I paid $400 to do) took me down 7 lbs. Different ob/gyn sent me to an endocrinologist to see what could be the issue, because she felt I was doing everything I could. That endo wanted to put me in a weight loss study with an experimental drug that caused "anal leakage." I was already chunky, didn't need to be stinky on top of it, thanks! Tried WeightWatchers and went down about 8 lbs only to gain it all back. My friend Jennbunny73 turned me onto this FREE and FABULOUS site at the end of 2011, and I have only missed one day of working out since I started. I am officially down 20 lbs, and I wanted to toot my own horn a little, because I NEVER thought I would see the scale drop that low in my life since that doctor told me I was just destined to be fat! So, thank you Jenn for the daily inspiration and for bring MFP into my life. Thanks to everyone on here for the support.

I'm 5'3", and my starting weight on this journey was 180. I've mainly been doing the Rockin' Body DVD's with some TurboFire and Tae Bo thrown in for variety and added challenge. The top two pics were from last year, the black shirt from November, I think. The bottom left was this morning at 160, offically 20 lbs down. Still have some weight to lose, but I wanted to celebrate this victory! (hope this picture thing works for me)

7006301899_677c0afc76.jpg
20 lbs down by Joey&Kurt, on Flickr

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Showing that an illness doesn't have to slow you down. Way to go!
  • akelli01
    akelli01 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look great! Keep it up!
  • carolanne84
    carolanne84 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    wtg you are looking awesome keep it up!!!!
  • marlygage
    Options
    Great work! I hope to lose 58 lbs. and your story has really encouraged me. : ) Keep up the good work and be sure and post here as you go.

~Marie
  • irvinesher
    irvinesher Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    WTG! I have PCOS as well and know the constant struggles of losing weight. I lost 20 pounds on this site as well. My Dr told me to lose the weight if I want to get pregnant. Great Job!!
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    I have PCOS too (as well as endometriosis, hypothyroidism, and a new possible diagnosis of Addison's disease) and was told the same thing as you. "You won't be able to have kids, you won't be able to lose the weight... ect." I am now in the best shape of my life. :) I'm so glad that you didn't listen either and got healthy all on your own! You look great! Congrats and keep up the hard work!
  • zombiemomjo
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I still have work to do, but I'm proud of myself for making it to 20 lbs lost. I haven't been at this weight since college a million years ago. I turn 40 this year, and I'm going to be a fit and fabulous forty thanks to this site!
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    Amazing success!! You are trully an inspiration to everyone!! Love your positive attitude!! Awesome :-) Congrats you should be very proud of youserlf!!
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I love to prove people wrong! Keep on killing it, killer! You look great!
  • joey200for2
    joey200for2 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Thanks for sharing!!!
  • bwehr316
    bwehr316 Posts: 14
    Options
    you look great! Congrats on the weight loss... its proof that if you put your mind to something you will acheive it no matter who or what tries to tell you diffrently... way to to girl!
  • anfmusicgrl
    anfmusicgrl Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Great job!! PCOS definitely provides it's obstacles in weight loss, but it is still possible! You look great!
  • zombiemomjo
    Options
    Thank you!! I like proving people wrong, too. Had two babies without fertility meds after almost four years of trying with them, and I'm shrinking after a personal trainer even told me I was too fat to join her fitness group. A FREE site made all the difference thanks to the awesome people here and my best friend Jenn!
  • FunandFitMom
    FunandFitMom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Congrats and keep it up!
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!
  • bbbeauty
    bbbeauty Posts: 3
    Options
    You look terrific! Just look at that smile! Way to go!
  • Music_is_my_soul
    Music_is_my_soul Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Keep up the hard work!

And what a BEAUTIFUL Smile! :D
  • zombiemomjo
    Options
    Awww, thanks!
  • tomusiakl
    tomusiakl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Congrats. You truly deserve this breakthrough. Enjoy every moment of it and good luck.
  • LaCats
    LaCats Posts: 1
    Options
    Wow, at 180 a fitness trainer told you that you were too fat to join her fitness group? That doesn't sound like a fitness trainer I would want to be working with. Glad that you kept with it. I am also fighting with PCOS and this site has been great. I just started two months ago, but I am already seeing good changes in my life habits and body. Congrats.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!