Its getting hard!!

Options
13»

Replies

• bugbeenz
    bugbeenz Posts: 31
    Options
    I try hard to just cheat a little. I have a problem where if I cheat it gets hard for me not to over due it. This has been my downfall. Im doing surprisingly well so i like to reward myself with those naughty cravings lol

I am in no way trying to be rude but I heard this great quote that made me laugh and there is some element of truth to it.

" Do not reward a good job with food. You are not a dog."

I think that binging once a week is not the answer, but by all means have a cheat day and have something small like small fries or maybe some ice cream!!

Hmm, I agree for the most part, but personally my having gelato, going out for pizza, having a dessert etc. isn't rewarding myself.. it's me thinking towards to future. Once I'm maintaining I know I will be eating these things every now and again, I'm not going to turn down these things forever, so I incorporate them into my week.

I don't have a 'cheat day' as such, rather if there is dessert, I'm not about to turn it down. (perhaps if it's more than twice a week) For me it's been about portion sizes and cutting back that rather than cutting all these foods out. But this is what works for me, if cheat days work for others and helps them to keep on track in the long run, then awesome! Great for them!
  • JimandLin
    JimandLin Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    watch the youtube video. 'how nasty are McDonalds fries '. I'll make my own. home cooked food anyday.....
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    My body won't allow me to eat fast food anymore. After I didn't eat it for 3 months, my body started to reject it. In fact, I can barely even have a soda after eating clean for so long.

Here is something to think about with McDonalds that might scare you away. My brother-in-law is doing an experiment where he bought a McD's happy meal and put it on top of his frig. After a year, the burger still has not grown mold or even attracts bugs. The patty shrank a little but other than that, it looks brand new. Scary isn't it, lol

You're kidding right????? OMG. I was just going to suggest that the OP have a McDouble with half the bun and no fries... that always kills my cravings for McD, for only 315 calories.

But really?

It's sad but it's true. He post pictures on Facebook every few months to show the progress, lol.
  • missyh1
    missyh1 Posts: 18
    Options
    Like others have said, you will find it easier to avoid fast food the longer you go without eating any. It doesn't take long before it stops sounding appetizing. For me, though, it is a Pandora's box. I can go a long time without a stop at McDonald's, but one "slip" and I am having the frequent cravings again and have to go through a period of fighting to avoid it all over again.

You can't deny yourself completely, though, or your efforts will fail. Usually in a mad binge kind of way. You are better off to get a kids meal and give in to your craving in gentle way than to hold out and make yourself miserable until you go in and order the double quarter pounder with cheese and the biggest fry they make.

I also have to agree with the poster who allows her one indulgence of a Lindt chocolate every day. I do the same except with one square of Ghiradelli chocolate. I get dark chocolate of a high cocoa percentage (because of the researched health benefits), and I have one everyday. Usually holding out until I am having a craving for something unhealthy. I also don't count it in my tracker. Yup. That one tiny indulgence I allow myself as a "freebie." It doesn't amount to much, one square is 55 calories and 4 grams of fat, but having that little treat that I allow as a cheat somehow really works for me mentally.

Good luck to you!