Exercise isnt my thing

Options
13»

Replies

• FlynnMacCallister
    FlynnMacCallister Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    How do you feel about rollerskating? Or rock climbing? Or ballroom dancing? Or belly dancing?

I've found my happy combo in circus arts (aerials especially) and rock climbing, after trying a few things. Yoga could have worked for me too, but I didn't like the instructor at the local place. Biggest disappointment for me was pole dancing; a combination of poor grip strength and extremely sweaty hands meant I just spent the whole time feeling frustrated and not getting that much exercise because I could keep a decent enough grip to finish a move!
  • FlynnMacCallister
    FlynnMacCallister Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest, I've tried:

yoga
    dance
    bellydance
    aerobics
    water aerobics
    karate (2 yrs w/private dojo - wow that was like Kill Bill minus the bloody knuckles)
    running
    boating
    roller blading
    bicycing
    hiking
    climbing

The list goes on. I don't like exercise but I just keep trying. I ended up being a bellydance instructor for 3 years. :) But then I got back to school and the weight went piling back on and then some.

So, ya know, Keep Trying. You might just find something that you like and never thought about.

bellydance sounds fun!! Not that i would look good doing it lol yet!

Nonsense!

event_63379012.jpeg

One of the great things about bellydance is that your body shape really doesn't matter; it's all about how you move.