Help me make my grocery list......

Options
Need to get groceries. I need to get some meals planned and be prepared! Desperate for fresh ideas from my favorite health conscious MFP peeps.

HELP!!!

Some background info.......
It's just me. And 2 little girls. I work full time. I like to cook.

So here are my requirements for meals.
*Has to be quick to make. Doesn't necessarily have to be "EASY" - just quick - I love to cook - but only have at most 30-45 minutes to pull a meal together. But I'm all for any convenient pre-made easy things too - if you've found something you love and want to share.
*Has to feed just 2 people. Or if it feeds more - has to be worthy of leftovers (I like recreating leftovers too - IE - today's pot roast is tomorrow's stroganoff) OR - if it can be a bigger recipe - but halved at some point and freeze. LOVE those.
*Has to be suitable fare for a 2 and 7 yr old. They aren't necessarily "picky" eaters. And I always require them to eat what I put in front of them - but hey - they're still kids.

I think that's it. So yeah...what should I add to my grocery list and my menu planning?

Replies

• amcgahagan
    Options
    I would love help with this as well!
  • RachelVon
    RachelVon Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am a fan of spaghetti and asparagus on the side , should take around 30 min. put a little olive oil and parmesan on that asparagus tasty!
  • katcod1522
    katcod1522 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    any kind of taco for kids and adults!.....use corn tortilla...(50 cals each)..add corn, black beans, salsa, chicken or tuna. Or...add chicken, sliced apple, almonds or walnuts and a sweet dressing. Or...dessert tacos! Peanut butter with sliced banana and apples...

My kids love tilapia fillets, whole wheat angel hair pasta, bagel pizzas (whole wheat bagels topped with marinara and cheese)- You can also do dessert bagels like above!
  • JaySpice
    JaySpice Posts: 326 Member
    Options
  • MissAmyB80
    MissAmyB80 Posts: 159 Member
    Options

Oh - THANKS for this reminder. LOOOOOOOOVE this site......
    Going to go explore now! :)
  • myfirstapron
    Options
    I second the Skinnytaste suggestion! I really like the healthy baked chicken nuggets for a fun, kid-friendly choice. I also just made tacos out of Morningstar Chipotle black bean burgers, which aren't too spicy for little ones but have a lot of flavor. They cook for one minute per side in the microwave. Just heat the burger up and crumble it up. Each burger makes two tacos. I used the Mission Carb Balance whole wheat tortillas, but corn tortillas would work, too.
    Broiled fish/meat is also a good idea, right? Healthy and done pretty quickly. Also, now that it's warm out, things like dinner salads are delicious and can be made low-calorie. If your littlest one had trouble with spearing bites of salads, she could have the veggies, protein, and lettuce untossed with dressing to dip, maybe?