What motivates you to lose?????

I have been watching this MTV show called I used to be Fat. I can not help but to be inspired by the kids who have the will power to
lose 100 plus lbs in a summer. Incredible! I also watch BIGGEST LOSER. I guess I feel like if they can do it, I can too. Last year from March to july I lost 38 lbs. Over the last year I put 7 lbs back on and now I am SUPER Motivated to lose the last 30 lbs. Just looking to see what motivates others . Looking to be inspired . :bigsmile:

Replies

• h_wst
    h_wst Posts: 9
    My daughters. I want to be healthy enough to keep up with them and I want to be there for them for a long time! Also it would nice to feel confidence about my appearance since I'm recently seperated :(
  • TeddyBear47
    TeddyBear47 Posts: 200 Member
    My health and looking in the mirror.
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    My cousin is getting married in September....I don't wanna be the fat bridesmaid lol! I want to look awesome! Plus we're going to vegas in august for her bachelorette party (my first time!) so I want to look good for that as well!
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    When I saw pictures of myself and thought "am I really that/i] fat?!?!?"

and also the fact that clothes don't fit right and when you're really short, you just look really wonky.
  • AmberFaith90
    AmberFaith90 Posts: 904 Member
    My daughter. I want to be the 'hot mom'. :P No, but really...I want to be around a long, long time for her.
  • My hubby is my inspiration. I want him to to truly feel lucky to have me. I love him and while he was happy with where I was at I knew he wanted me to be a lot healthier than I was. And the fact that he promised me a trip to the beach if I loose to my goal weight.
  • luvmycoffee
    luvmycoffee Posts: 112 Member
    I want to feel proud of the way I look & feel. I want to be healthy & fit & to not avoid certain things because I don't feel comfortable.

I also want to be a good example to my patients. Also for my husband! :love:
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Health, health, health! I want to be able to do I want (travel the world, walk the golf course, etc.,), and walk everywhere while doing it, until I'm very, very old!
  • bcc112986
    bcc112986 Posts: 362 Member
    I have been watching this MTV show called I used to be Fat. I can not help but to be inspired by the kids who have the will power to
    lose 100 plus lbs in a summer. Incredible! I also watch BIGGEST LOSER. I guess I feel like if they can do it, I can too. Last year from March to july I lost 38 lbs. Over the last year I put 7 lbs back on and now I am SUPER Motivated to lose the last 30 lbs. Just looking to see what motivates others . Looking to be inspired . :bigsmile:

I Used To Be Fat is super motivating and inspiring.

I am motivated by my goal to be a martial arts/ wellness instructor and my future.
  • BlaireV
    BlaireV Posts: 137
    I love "I used to be fat", it's very inspiring!
    What motivates me is the mirror. And skinny jeans.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    My kids and husband. But honestly, my old clothes are just yelling my name! I have so many cute clothes in a smaller size.
  • My health! I have a family history of heart disease and diabetes. I will NOT let myself get to the point where I have to be medicated for issues that can be controlled by diet and exercise.
  • I want to be a mom. I would like to be healthy, so I can have a normal (as normal as pregnancy can be haha), healthy pregnancy which will hopefully lead to a healthy baby. I have seen and heard so many horrible stories of obese women and pregnancy. I will NOT be a statistic!
  • luvmycoffee
    luvmycoffee Posts: 112 Member
    My health! I have a family history of heart disease and diabetes. I will NOT let myself get to the point where I have to be medicated for issues that can be controlled by diet and exercise.

Good for you! I wish you all the best. :flowerforyou: