the things kids say....

Options
Heather125
Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
sure can brighten your day.
My 4 year old was getting ready for bed tonght and looks up at me gives me a big hug and tells me he loves me like a chocolate bar:laugh:
It was so cute I had to share:happy:

Replies

• Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    My 4 year old was getting ready for bed tonght and looks up at me gives me a big hug and tells me he loves me like a chocolate bar:laugh:

Now THAT'S true love!!!
  • awinmac
    awinmac Posts: 30
    Options
    That's sweet!

How about this.
    My three year old daughter was sitting in front of an uneaten hamburger, and I said "aren't you going to eat some of that beef?", "hmm" she says. I say "That's pure cellular damage just waiting to happen!"
    She smacks her hand down on the table and says "hope so, knock on wood" and taps her little knuckles on the table! Where do they get these things from? I asked her that too, she said "from you Mummy!"

cheers
    -Amber
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options

OMG how sweet! :love: That is so wonderful, thank you for sharing. :flowerforyou:
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Kids say great things back when I taught 2nd grade I got this question from one of my kids.

"Where do babies come from....I mean I know where they come from how do they get there?":laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    One day I was helping my nephew buckle up and he couldn't pull the strap hard enough and his sister tells him pull hard retard, he looks over and says, I'm not a retard, I'm a dumba$$! I couldn't stop lauging, he was about four at the time.
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Heather125
    Options
    That's sweet!

How about this.
    My three year old daughter was sitting in front of an uneaten hamburger, and I said "aren't you going to eat some of that beef?", "hmm" she says. I say "That's pure cellular damage just waiting to happen!"
    She smacks her hand down on the table and says "hope so, knock on wood" and taps her little knuckles on the table! Where do they get these things from? I asked her that too, she said "from you Mummy!"

cheers
    -Amber

:laugh: :laugh: that is so cute but it's so true you can learn alot about yourself wacthing your kids they mimic things we do without thinking
  • Heather125
    Options
    One day I was helping my nephew buckle up and he couldn't pull the strap hard enough and his sister tells him pull hard retard, he looks over and says, I'm not a retard, I'm a dumba$$! I couldn't stop lauging, he was about four at the time.

ahh siblings:laugh:
  • purple_light
    purple_light Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    When I was at my heaviest (160 lbs) my oldest daughter at the time was almost 4. We were having a bath together and I kept poking my finger in her belly button saying "I see your belly button" which had her laughing up a storm. Then I asked her "where's mommy's belly button?" She looks down at my stomach and with a "matter-of-fact" face looks at me with her arms out and says "mommy....you have to lift up your skin" I think it was that exact moment I thought "Holy crap Kelly....you MUST lose weight"

My youngest daughter who is 4 now asked me the other night "mommy, when I have babies and get married, can I still live with you? Because I don't want to leave you" - it stole my breath away!!
  • amycakes812
    amycakes812 Posts: 441
    Options
    Recently, after a particularly rough day of my 3 y/o son not listening worth a damn to me, was saying his bedtime prayers. At the end, he added "And now I will listen to my mommy". It just about made up for all of his time spent ignoring me! He has kept that addition to his prayers every night. Then, tonight, after he said that, my 8 y/o daughter said, "Evan, if you say that, it means you ACTUALLY have to listen to Mommy. :laugh: :laugh: