Muffin Top

girlebert
girlebert Posts: 4 Member
Who knows a successful way to get RID of a "muffin top" The roll that just doesn't LEAVE??

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,871 Member
    It only goes away as you lose and tighten up. Until then, bigger pants :tongue:
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member

Lol this!! Or some spanx haha
  • lauehorn
    lauehorn Posts: 183
    Who knows a successful way to get RID of a "muffin top" The roll that just doesn't LEAVE??

Strength training, and diet (eating quality foods, not crap).
  • uniqute1888
    uniqute1888 Posts: 182 Member
    Cardio obviously but I found core excercies and a little kickboxing tightens up the middle nicely...
    So do planks/pushups or plyometrics (jump training)
  • RunChinni
    RunChinni Posts: 149 Member
    Well, love handles are essentially fat. You need a combination of fat busting and core strengthening exercises. You can't spot reduce. But as your overall fat % decreases, your muffin top will reduce too. Just keep going at it!

Planks are good. Swissball jackknives are good. And HIIT is good.
  • muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    I'm not much of a strength trainer and I know I should, but all I've been doing is running and I'm telling you it is all coming off the middle and some from the face and arms. I am happy to say it is working...
  • SaketoKim
    SaketoKim Posts: 254 Member
    Glad I'm not the only one with this battle! Increased cardio and core!
  • Usbornegal
    Usbornegal Posts: 601 Member
    Core strength training, especially abs work like crunches, reverse crunches, ball transfer, plank, leg lifts and lots of other tortures..... I mean exercises my trainer gives me.
  • Chika_2015
    Chika_2015 Posts: 357 Member
    I call mine a dunlap, as in my stomach done lapped over my pants. CARDIO CARDIO CARDIO and eating clean. When ever i eat too much carbs my tummy blows up. Trying to find s happy place with Carbs...Good Luck
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Screw cardio and find a Zombie to eat it.

Seriously though...bust *kitten* in the gym.
  • do the Harley P sets of arm down at side with weight, other arm in a "salute" to you head. Bend down as far as you can go with weight, and then back the other way, trying to make elbow touch hip. Don't move lower half of torso. These really work!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,249 Member
    BUMP,,,,When I put on my Tight Boys yep thats me....
  • Dont feel bad ladies...us guys get them something fierce too.
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Ugh the muffin top...I wish I knew, that seems to be all I have left now, I feel pretty great until I sit down lol
  • kristers03
    kristers03 Posts: 74 Member

Love this!!!
  • prettygirlhoward
    prettygirlhoward Posts: 338 Member
    bump**
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,908 Member
    Basically calorie deficit and patience.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Dont feel bad ladies...us guys get them something fierce too.

:laugh: thanks for that. don't feel so lonely now...
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    The secret is to "pop the top" and leave the stump.

topofthemuffin1.jpg?w=500
  • frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    Saw a program on TV about anorexics and obese people, EVEN the super-skinny gals had muffin tops when they put on too-tight jeans! The anorexics interpreted this to mean they were too fat. The commentator pointed out that they were just wearing the wrong size jeans. (Of course, maybe the girls were "skinny fat" and needed to do some cardio, too!)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!