what fulfils snack cravings?

Options
Hi all!
Just wondering what a low-ish calorie snack is thats *really* satisfying, either because it's got the 'mouth-feel' as in crunchy or creamy, or it's got a massive flavour? I'm really getting the midnight munchies at the mo!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Low fat popcorn or low fat pudding cup.
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Apple and chocolate PB2 (it's on Amazon to find out what it is)
  • Alpine005
    Alpine005 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I like the sugar free jello. Hummus and veggies seems to be pretty filling too.
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    these awesome 100 calorie quacker bars! theyre only like 2 dollars too!!!!!!!!!!! i love em!
  • imogenjade
    imogenjade Posts: 131
    Options
    oven baked banana , with melted choc, peanut butted inside xx
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    My favorite filling snack: All Bran crackers, Laughing Cow cheese, almonds, and grapes. Yum!
  • TurtleTape
    TurtleTape Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love those Planters Nut-rition individual packs. They're calorie dense (it's got like 15 pieces in it for 200 calories), which is good for me because I tend to go under on calories, and low on salt (40mg for the pack I buy!), which is good because I tend to be over on sodium. Something small and filling and super healthy.
  • Hopelessbird
    Options
    yoplait whipped chocolate yogurt (frozen) with slivered almonds. Calcium, protein, vitamin A+D and good fat.
  • CinJay
    CinJay Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm big on Tostitos scoops and Jack's salsa! If I need a snack, that's usually what I reach for... loads of flavor, crunchy and spicy, and I only need a little (say, 12 chips) to be satisfied. Also love pretzel sticks and hot chocolate (k-cup, 60 cals for hot choc.) together! Both these snacks are 150 or under (and under 7g of fat) and I don't need a lot of it to be satisfied :)

note: I'm not a "carb-o-phobe" so eating these doesn't scare me... carbs (in moderation, as with anything else) are ok with me.
  • Aimie79
    Aimie79 Posts: 11
    Options
    Apple slices with peanut butter
    Celery with peanut butter
    grapefruit or berries with sprinkle of stevia
    banana chocolate smoothie
    Organic hot veggie stix snacks
    Sugar free chocolate pudding
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Celery with organic pb and a touch of honey. It's my FAVORITE when I am craving something sweet.
  • iluxoxo211
    iluxoxo211 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I have hummus and special k cracker chips the sea salt ones.. for 30 chips it is only 110 cals.. they are yummm! :bigsmile:
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I read the topic and thought "snacks!" LOL! :bigsmile:

For me, a handful of cocoa roasted almonds (dark chocolate flavor), or some smartpop popcorn, or pirate booty makes a nice low calorie snack.
  • Asilva022290
    Options
    hommus and vegies like celery and carrote and brocoli, also try the sugar free jello and pudding with a sugar free low calorie vanilla wafer. or popcorn. my favorite is the cheese fries(hot fRIES) WITHOUT THE HOTT, YOU CAN HAVE ABOUT 50 OF THEM FOR UNDER 200 CALORIES
  • Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Sliced celery with PB2
    Sliced apple with PB2
    Cottage cheese (plain or with 1 serving of fruit - I like blueberries, strawberries, or pineapple with mine)
    Chobani Greek Yogurt
    Raw veggies: carrots, celery, broccoli, etc. (plain, with hummus, with low fat ranch, with chobani plain greek yogurt)
  • denisekh88
    Options
    I love the Kellogs sea salt cracker chips...I dip them into a wedge of laughing cow cheese and they are yummy...plus it is 30 chips per serving! also for sweet stuff I love Kellogs Fiber plus antioxidants...it tastes like a cand bar :)
  • kookykel
    kookykel Posts: 15
    Options
    what the heck is pirate booty?!?