Replies

• HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Yuppers :smile:
  • khagador
    khagador Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    The thread can't possibly be locked if we aren't discussing beliefs. It's just asking who on here is atheist.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Present and accounted for.

There are a good handful of Atheist groups here on MFP.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I don't believe there is a specific god, but I believe there is something more.... does that make me an athiest?

no, i think that would make you an Agnostic

Actually I don't think that's quite Agnostic either. From my understanding, Agnositcs don't necessarily believe in a god, but they don't deny the possibility of one either. They believe there is not enough evidence on either side to know for sure.

(Former Agnostic here, now Atheist).
  • jeffazi
    jeffazi Posts: 198
    Options
    I don't believe there is a specific god, but I believe there is something more.... does that make me an athiest?

it makes you agnostic ...a belief that something is there but not sure what.

Nope. Not quite. See my previous post about atheism, agnosticism, and ignosticism. Agnosticism deals with "knowledge" not "belief". A belief that something is there but not sure what is still a belief. Atheism is the lack of belief and agnosticism is the position that we don't (weak agnostic) or can't (strong agnostic) know whether gods exist. :wink:
  • lllancour
    Options
    hehe. :)
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I used to be but then I relized I AM GOD

WAIT!........... I thought I was god

blasphemy!!!!!!!! I SHALL SMITE YOU DOWN!!!!!
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    The thread can't possibly be locked if we aren't discussing beliefs. It's just asking who on here is atheist.
    It's not about beliefs. It's about divisive topics. Here's one of the mod's explanations for the lock earlier:

Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

15. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums

Divisive topics, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion. We reserve the right to move any topic to a relevant public Group which interested members may join if they wish to continue to participate.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Why would religious preference make a difference here?

It's so they can cause a handful of useless arguments. People seem to have forgot that this a health website:sad:
  • adammartin1
    Options
    One more for Team Heathen!
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I have the Satanic Bible, The Bible, The Tao of Pooh, and a book about Buddha on my book shelf, I think those put me somewhere in the middle of nowhere.

For good measure I also have a Hindu Gods Stained Glass Colouring Book.
  • jbuntu
    jbuntu Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    "With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." -- Steven Weinberg

I believe in a higher power, but I think mankind's implementations of organized religion can be flawed and lead to tragic cultural misunderstandings. The exclusivity of most organized religions just does not work for me.
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    There is a group for atheists. You can introduce yourself there and find like minded friends for support there. This thread will be locked soon.

It is funny how you mention this thread will be locked soon, yet you didn't say the same thing at the Christians thread.... *le sigh*
  • onawho
    onawho Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I used to be but then I relized I AM GOD

WAIT!........... I thought I was god

blasphemy!!!!!!!! I SHALL SMITE YOU DOWN!!!!!

I am a lover not a fighter ....you can have it...:heart::flowerforyou: :wink:
  • Kdingo
    Kdingo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I believe in everything and believe in no one...
  • tdismydog
    tdismydog Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I kinda like what steve jobs said in his book and i think he hit the nail on the head on what i would truely like to believe and i would like to strive for. I dunno if this is the exact quote but he asked a priest if god knows every thing and the priest said yes. He said how come god hasnt helped the homeless find homes and the hungry find food. The priest said god has a plan for them too. the quote was "people tend to focus more on the word of god than emulating living their life like jesus" i kinda like the way he said that. To me its very true.

Just had to throw in my .02
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    It is funny how you mention this thread will be locked soon, yet you didn't say the same thing at the Christians thread.... *le sigh*
    The only reason I said it here was because of how quickly the other one got locked today. I don't think I said anything rude here at all.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    "With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." -- Steven Weinberg

^One of my favorites :)
  • AnnaMaus
    AnnaMaus Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hey-- check out all those atheists! :love:
  • usedasbrandnew
    usedasbrandnew Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    HI!
This discussion has been closed.