why aren't the atheist and non religious threads closed?

Options
rjt1000
rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
Just curious as I have no issue with them but wonder why the thread looking for Christian friends was closed by moderators but the threads looking for athiest and non-religious friends are still open.

Replies

• kathleen2001
    Options
    Did not notice that. Yes why???
  • jaabee11
    jaabee11 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    they probably weren't reported.

edited to add.. Having just looked at the guidelines, I'm not sure why the one you mentioned would be removed.
    Any thoughts?
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Very good question. Let's see what happens.
  • rjt1000
    Options
    they probably weren't reported.

edited to add.. Having just looked at the guidelines, I'm not sure why the one you mentioned would be removed.
    Any thoughts?
    the moderator posted an explanation when the Christian thread was closed. I understand the explanation and Ok, if that's the view, no problem. But same should go for the other threads.....
  • GeorgiaDaughter
    GeorgiaDaughter Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I don't see why any one of them should be reported. People have the right to befriend who they please. I'm a Christian and should have that right just like the non religious. Just my thoughts.
  • rjt1000
    Options
    I don't see why any one of them should be reported. People have the right to befriend who they please. I'm a Christian and should have that right just like the non religious. Just my thoughts.

i don't disagree with you on that. I understand the moderator's explanation of the forum rules and I can deal with it but thought it was sort of heavy handed.
  • sbrBirdy
    sbrBirdy Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Forget the TV... it's entertaining just to refresh the Recent Posts page. :laugh:
  • arkansascountrygirl
    arkansascountrygirl Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    likewise agree with the lady who said we have a right to friend who we please
  • rjt1000
    Options
    well, the moderators are going to close them.
  • rjt1000
    Options
    Forget the TV... it's entertaining just to refresh the Recent Posts page. :laugh:

yep. and there's a new "diet soda" thread just waiting for anti aspartamers to fly in......
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    because christians are persecuted daily
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Neither is allowed. The mods stay pretty busy, so my guess is they haven't gotten around to locking the atheist/satanist threads yet. My hope is that Christians would NOT post in those threads with insulting or ridiculing comments, though. Same thing I'd ask in threads where someone was looking for Christian friends.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • crimsontech
    crimsontech Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    One might be miffed at grouping atheists and satanists together. :P
  • sbrBirdy
    sbrBirdy Posts: 224 Member
    Options

yep. and there's a new "diet soda" thread just waiting for anti aspartamers to fly in......

Crud... I can't find the cardio entry for laughing at MFP threads... Should I just log it as house cleaning?
  • vanishingirl77
    Options
    I looked at the thread that was closed, and I don't see how it violated guidelines.

If they want people to use the groups, they need to make it easier to find the groups other than the search option, or is it there and I just haven't found it yet?
  • rjt1000
    Options

I'm not persecuted daily. I'm irritated daily but not persecuted.
  • rjt1000
    Options
    Neither is allowed. The mods stay pretty busy, so my guess is they haven't gotten around to locking the atheist/satanist threads yet. My hope is that Christians would NOT post in those threads with insulting or ridiculing comments, though. Same thing I'd ask in threads where someone was looking for Christian friends.

I was surprised that there was only 1 jerk reply in the Christian one. I didn't see any jerk replies in the non-Christian ones. Well, one sort of jerky reply but not as bad. Surprised me, I thought there'd be more fur flying.
  • rjt1000
    Options

Crud... I can't find the cardio entry for laughing at MFP threads... Should I just log it as house cleaning?

I just double the number of calories I log under "breathing." I figure that I'm breathing 2x as fast when I'm laughing.....
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options

I'm not persecuted daily. I'm irritated daily but not persecuted.

atleast half the christians i come across daily talk about how persecuted they are,its pretty funny
This discussion has been closed.