Caffine...devil!

Options
Normally, I drink at least one liter of Diet Dew a day. Have for many many years. I tried a few weeks ago, due to my budget, to not drink it. HOLY MIGRANES for almost a week! I wanted to die and decided that it wasn't worth it. So, I forgot to get one on the way to work on Saturday, but I had my new camelbak water bottle. I haven't had a soda since!!!! I'm so proud!!! I really do have more energy!! I don't want to cut my head off anymore! I know this seems silly, but I'm so excited :bigsmile: Not only have I seen an increase in energy, I now don't have to unbutton my pants to get them down :bigsmile:
How is everyone else's caffine habit doing??

Replies

• kgdewey
    kgdewey Posts: 1
    Options
    :smile: I quit caffine drinks about 10 years ago and I have felt much better. It was bothering my stomach so I was forced to but I don't miss it. Every now and then I'll drink one but have to be careful not to drink another right away and get hooked again. Good job on quiting caffine. It will inprove your life over all.
    Kim
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You should be proud of yourself, that is great! I have one or two energy drinks a day. They are sugar free but caffeinated (of course). Other then that I just drink my 8 to 10 bottles of water.

Again, great job! :drinker:
  • sinisme
    sinisme Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Oh man! Caffine IS the devil... I've been trying to cut down on my caffine too.. so far I've been doing pretty good. When I go get subway i always ask for a bottled water instead.. when i bring lunch to work i buy water from the soda machine...believe me it takes everything i have to not push the coke button instead of the water one!! LOL... Congrats on cutting caffine out! :flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,974 Member
    Options
    When we started this healthy journey my husband was a heavy diet pepsi drinker and we both drank a lot of coffee in the morning.

We embraced an eating plan that recommended no caffeine at all. My husband gave up the diet pepsi almost immediately and tapered off the coffee.

I drank a little less coffee each day for about a week until I wasn't drinking any at all.

Now we drink only herb tea and bottled or filtered water.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

the first time someone invited me to "go out for coffee", i panicked because I thought I couldn't go. then someone told me that all the good coffee places serve good tea as well.

I'm happy about this decision and am glad that I took the risk.

Best wishes to anyone who's considering stopping caffeine.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: