My story with photos

Options
I keep seeing all these "post your before and afters" and I'd love to share my photos. I decided that instead of replying to each one, I'll just create my own post. I know it's not as dramatic a loss as some of you guys but I'm proud of what I have accomplished!

I'll be 39 this year. I'm a stay at home Mom to one awesome almost 6 year old. I NEVER worked out in my life . I loathed the idea and was a total foodie. At the end of 2010 I weighed at least 40 lbs more than I do now. I didn't own a scale and wouldn't go near one. I felt like crap and needed to make a change. Hubby and I started eating more healthy and I dropped maybe around 10 lbs. In Feb 2011 I started having chest pains. I went to the dr and the scale said I weighed 142. I was horrified (I'm only 5ft 2in and small framed) and decided I was NOT going to become my Mom! I owed myself and my family a healthier me!! I realized I had to do more than just change the way I was eating so I bought the 30 day shred. I started working out the first week in March and faithfully stuck with it. Since then I've become a workout junkie and have recently been bitten by the running bug. I've noticed that since I've been hitting the cardio harder and slacking on the strength training I've lost some muscle definition so I've started doing the Shred again. :) I recently completed my first 10k!! I'm shooting to run a 1/2 marathon in October. I still can't believe how good I feel and how different of a person I am from 2 years ago! :) I hope this might inspire someone else out there to get up and make a change in their health if they are thinking about it. Thanks for reading all this and now for the pictures---

Before--

Feb 2010
feb2010.jpg

March 2010 No clue on my weight! At least 40 lbs heavier. Didn't own a scale and wouldn't go near one! Size 12s were snug.
march2010.jpg

November 2010 at my 37th birthday lunch
004-1.jpg

December 2010
oldHMB.jpg

March 2011 Had lost a little by starting to eat healthier and had just started working out for the first time in my life.
march2011.jpg

April 2011 walking my first 5K. Took me almost 1 hour to finish I think.
Photo_8F1341AA-0B55-3C82-7365-C73F82D6C19A.jpg

After--
November 2011 heading out to celebrate my 38th birthday. Size 6 around 118 lbs
photo2.jpg

Jan 2012 on family hike 112 lbs
march82012.jpg

Feb 2012 110-111 lbs comfortable size 4
feb2012.jpg
merecent.jpg

March 17th 2012 Running my first 10k. Finished 9th in my age/gender. :) 1 hour, 9 minutes and 30 seconds for a very hilly/muddy trail run
IMG_3100.jpg
running1.jpg
IMG_3109.jpg

Replies

• MrsBraxton08
    MrsBraxton08 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You look great! Great job!!!!
  • Aryel168
    Aryel168 Posts: 126
    Options
    Very inspiring! Thank you! I have quite a bit to lose, but I won't give up this time. You look mah-ve-lous dah-ling! :smile:
  • bhersh24
    bhersh24 Posts: 49
    Options
    amazing job!! you inspire me. as a fellow short person (5' even), it's always nice to see someone short like me as a success story. you've motivated me to keep going - thank you!!! :)
  • joey200for2
    joey200for2 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful, congrats on your success!!!!!
  • paulaann67
    paulaann67 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing you look amazing!!! The photos really show the transformation & you look so much younger! Keep up the great work!!
  • kelzpop
    kelzpop Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Awesome - thanks for sharing and congrats!!
    I imagine you feel so much better - I can't wait for that part!
  • michelledusik
    michelledusik Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    Thanks so much you guys! :) I do feel better. I think that's the best part of it all. I have the energy to keep up with my kid (he's actually running his first 1 mile fun run on April 15th) and I feel like a better/less stressed person in general. :)
  • peachlow
    peachlow Posts: 91
    Options
    Awesome & amazing transformation...keep doing what you do & thanks for sharing your story...:drinker:
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Amazing work!
  • KahalaGal
    KahalaGal Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    God job!
  • nvang22
    nvang22 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    So amazing! Such an inspiration! I am only 20 years old at 5'1 and I weigh 125 right now. For my height, I just feel so heavy and have definitely gotten heavier in the past couple of years. You're definitely inspiring me to get back down to 118 and a size 5!
  • sedosher
    sedosher Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! Thanks for sharing, I needed some inspiration tonight.
  • lindyc11
    lindyc11 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Thanks for sharing.....very inspiring!
  • ValHallaGirl
    ValHallaGirl Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You look great! Very motivating!
  • RoseRoiz
    RoseRoiz Posts: 95
    Options
    Great job!!! Thanks for sharing!!
  • Waitingforsun
    Options
    Thank you for sharing, very inspring.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a fabulous testimony/story and you look so gorgeous...like a teenager or young 20's--Go girl, you rock!
  • arraby01
    arraby01 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Love your story !!! You look fabulous !!
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    Wow you like a total different person, keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!