I hate water

Options
I absolutely hate drinking water. Im a nurse I know the importance of drinking it. I have been drinking it. But I find myself having to muscle it down.

Anyone else hate drinking water?

-a

Replies

• future_marathoner
    future_marathoner Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hate water with a passion.

Water mixers make it much better though. I drink 16 cups on average with water mixers :)
  • leahd02
    leahd02 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    add a squeeze of lemon :)
  • adamlb
    adamlb Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Not a fan but I've really been trying. Getting it down as fast as possible helps!
  • FreshStart89
    FreshStart89 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    no, i like water :) i get at least 10-16 cups a day. but someone said that you get all the needed water from the foods you consume, idk how accurate that is though. anyone hear about this?
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    It's not my favorite. I really only like it when I'm working out. So I drink ice tea w/2 splendas. It is a lot easier for me to drink 36-42oz of tea during the workday than it is to drink water. It counts because ice tea is mostly water anyways.
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I absolutely hate drinking water. Im a nurse I know the importance of drinking it. I have been drinking it. But I find myself having to muscle it down.

Anyone else hate drinking water?

-a

I've made myself sooooo tired of it too. Water and coffee. Water and coffee....
  • gurganuss
    gurganuss Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I really hate water too. I try my hardest to drink it. But at the same time just blah. I go to the bathroom more with water than drinking coffee or diet soda, so maybe the biggest benefit is walking from my office to the bathroom 8 times a day and burning all the extra calories.

I tried the mixers but some of those have calories and I would rather not use calories for my liquids.

I like ICE. It is a brand of water, with fizz, and has a lot of different flavors but no calories.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Feel bad for you. I LIKE water... drink it almost exclusively, always have... and I still find drinking 8 cups a day a challenge on most days. :ohwell:
  • Allison22451
    Allison22451 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I feel like I know the importance... And I know how good it is for me... I know people who love it... So I should be able to just quit being a baby and start to.... Like it? Ick. *laughs*
  • shady1987dre
    shady1987dre Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Drink bottled water! Tap water is nasty!
  • emstaley4
    emstaley4 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    When I started drinking water probably 18 yrs ago I hated it to. It has no taste, no texture and I was lucky if I drank a glass a day. I was a HUGE milk drinker. Eventually I got used to drinking water and now it is seriously all I drink. No soda, very little milk, cup of coffee a day. I have seen people suggest putting some flavoring in the water and then gradually lessen it over time. When my kids were younger and I wanted them to drink more water instead of juice I watered down their juice until by the end of the day it was all water and now my daughter drinks nothing but water or milk and my son drinks water (not as much as I'd like him to but some is better than none) Try flavored water or put lemon in it. Try gradually working your way up to drinking water and don't knock yourself just because you don't like water :)
  • LoopyLaura68
    LoopyLaura68 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I can't drink 8 glasses of plain water a day,so what i do is put a tiny little bit of double strength squash into & bottle & fill it with water,then drink that instead.It tastes like flavoured water you buy in shops,but works out alot cheaper
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    The only way I can drink water if its over ice.. or almost slushy... frozen.. otherwise yuck pooooey
  • AnAmericanGirl2
    AnAmericanGirl2 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Not a big fan of water but I'm ADDICTED to SoBe Zero and Vitamin Water Zero. Try it, good stuff!
  • timmymon
    timmymon Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Don't even think about it just drink it!
  • manda1002
    manda1002 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    if i could drink all the water i'm supposed to, instead of MAYBE one to two glasses a day that i have to force down, the weight would be falling off and my skin would be amazing.
  • Allison22451
    Allison22451 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I've been staring at the same bottle of Evian since 3pm. Ugh.

When I'm working out, I tend to drink it best, so I try and get in at least a liter while I'm there... Which most days isn't very difficult. But after that, I'd almost rather drink anything else... But because I'm trying to watch my intake, rather tha. Drink something "bad" I find myself , like today, and the past few hours, drinking nothing. Oh... I'll get it down... But I just feel it shouldn't be this tough.
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Water has no taste so how can you hate a tasteless substance? You know…, it’s about your health, not about an explosion of flavor going off in your mouth every time you put something in it. I prefer brownies over broccoli, but my health is more important than a minute of pleasure. It’s your choice…, to each is own.
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Yup, can't stand plain water. I use propel zero mix, or crystal light, wylers or something like that (although all except the propel have 10 cals a packet so I have to remember to log it) regardless I don't think I've even made it to 8 glasses a day yet. I average about 6.....if I'm lucky and thirsty that day.
  • AngelikaSears
    Options
    I *HATE* water. I find drinking it out of a large cup with an attached straw helps me for some reason.