Husband needs motivation! VETS help me!!!

Options
So about my hubby. grrr.... I am an RN, I teach this stuff everyday. He has high cholesterol, a possible pre-diabetic, a smoker, has a sedentary lifestyle, is not overweight but totally out of shape. He comes to me today and shows me G-O-M-B-S...the super nutrients. Says, "honey, if I eat these, I won't need my pills everyday." He thinks they are going to "save him".... Hey, he's trying....So I try to explain how exercise will drive up his HDL and together, with diet, his cholesterol could come down and his next fasting blood sugar could be within normal limits but he has to introduce exercise.
I also asked him several times to be my gym partner, because I need a partner in strength training. He even knows Ive done a shout out on FB looking for one.
He has absolutely NO motivation. (side note, he lost his 46 y.o sister just about a year ago, but I lost her too, and she would NOT approve of his lifestyle.
I think I come across nurse bossy and intimidate him, but I am overweight, and have been at this new lifestyle for 6 weeks. Theres a part of me that thinks he's trying, but then I feel like I know him too well to ever make it.
HELP!!! My communication seems to be off!

Replies

• chattipatty2
    chattipatty2 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    So about my hubby. grrr.... I am an RN, I teach this stuff everyday. He has high cholesterol, a possible pre-diabetic, a smoker, has a sedentary lifestyle, is not overweight but totally out of shape. He comes to me today and shows me G-O-M-B-S...the super nutrients. Says, "honey, if I eat these, I won't need my pills everyday." He thinks they are going to "save him".... Hey, he's trying....So I try to explain how exercise will drive up his HDL and together, with diet, his cholesterol could come down and his next fasting blood sugar could be within normal limits but he has to introduce exercise.
    I also asked him several times to be my gym partner, because I need a partner in strength training. He even knows Ive done a shout out on FB looking for one.
    He has absolutely NO motivation. (side note, he lost his 46 y.o sister just about a year ago, but I lost her too, and she would NOT approve of his lifestyle.
    I think I come across nurse bossy and intimidate him, but I am overweight, and have been at this new lifestyle for 6 weeks. Theres a part of me that thinks he's trying, but then I feel like I know him too well to ever make it.
    HELP!!! My communication seems to be off!
    I meant, together with EXERCISE....